-- UPDATE THURS AUG 22 --
Carlos Tevez has already hinted at his worth, and it surely won't be long until Fernando Llorente is among the goals in Serie A. By signing one of Italy's most promising defenders, Angelo Ogbonna, Juve have also shown their eagerness to build long term as well as reinforce an already strong squad.
Club director Giuseppe Marotta has also been working hard to lose some dead weight. So what are the big stories circling Turin this week?
Speaking to the Turin-based paper, the Juve director said: "Forget about Pogba. We do not have the slightest intention of listening to any offer which may arrive for our midfielder."
Following his super-sub heroics against Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana, Paul Pogba has started the season on a high and is making headlines for all the right reasons in Italy.
It always seemed unlikely that Juventus would want to cash in on one of the brightest prospects in world football, but several outlets (including the Express, here) nevertheless reported that following their disastrous start to the EPL season, Arsenal saw Pogba as the man to change their fortunes.
Marotta's firm answer is a blow to under-fire Arsene Wenger, but Bianconeri fans everywhere will be breathing a sigh of relief.
Fausto Rossi is one of Italian football's best young players, and during his loan spell at Brescia in Serie B, the Juventus player proved himself ready for a step up to the big time.
Rossi and Brescia narrowly missed out on promotion to Serie A last season, but it seems likely that the Turin native will be playing top-flight football regardless.
According to the respected Turin daily Tuttosport (here in Italian), Cagliari were interested earlier in the summer, but the latest is that Levante, Sevilla and Villarreal are all keen to offer him a move to Spain (according to calciomercato.com and the Gazzetta dello Sport, again, in Italian here).
Things might be a bit crowded in the Juventus midfield at the moment, but surely there's space long term for a home-grown prospect. Whether or not the player wants to wait for his chance could be the deciding factor here.
He told the Italian paper:
My future is still in the balance. I don’t know what will happen, as it is all yet to be decided. I only hope the issue can be resolved quickly.
I don’t want to be forced to leave Napoli at the end of my contract. These are not conditions I would like to live in.
I feel that I ought to make the situation clear, seeing as people have invented some of my statements. Once again some words are in the papers that I never actually said.
My desire is to play a great Champions League campaign in a great team. I am happy with these four years spent at Napoli, but I am equally happy that great clubs like Juventus, Inter and overseas outfits want me.
A come-and-get-me call to Conte?
According to the Gazzetta dello Sport (here in Italian), Walter Mazzarri will make an 11th-hour move to bring Mauricio Isla to Inter.
The Italian paper says that Mazzarri has put the 25-year-old Chilean on the top of his wish list. Earlier in the summer the Nerazzurri had a bid rejected, which the Gazzetta believes was the direct result of Conte intervening. It's now thought a bid upwards of €7.5 million might be enough though.
Goal.com suggests that Alessandro Matri is about to become Napoli's eighth summer signing.
Azzurri owner Aurelio De Laurentiis is willing to spend €12 million on the 28-year-old Italian, says the report, while the player is eager to move in search of more first-team opportunities.