Fight night is upon us as the UFC returns to Boston for their inaugural card on Fox Sports 1. The card boasts a main event between Mauricio Rua and Chael Sonnen at light heavyweight.
Also on the card is a co-main event with heavyweights Alistair Overeem and Travis Browne. It is a fight that could push either man into the title picture.
The entire card is stacked, so if you plan on watching, perhaps you want to put a few bucks on some fights to add to the excitement. Below are the current betting odds, courtesy of sportbet.com.
- James Vick (+160) vs. Ramsey Nijem (-185)
- Ovince St. Preux (-340) vs. Cody Donovan (+280)
- Manvel Gamburyan (-125) vs. Cole Miller (+105)
Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Daniel Pineda (+220) vs. Diego Brandao (-260)
- Mike Brown (-200) vs. Steven Siler (+170)
- Conor McGregor (-300) vs. Max Holloway (+250)
- Brad Pickett (-210) vs. Michael McDonald (+175)
Fox Sports 1 Main Card
- Joe Lauzon (-240) vs. Michael Johnson (+200)
- Uriah Hall (-430) vs. John Howard (+345)
- Matt Brown (-160) vs. Mike Pyle (+140)
- Urijah Faber (-250) vs Yuri Alcantara (+210)
- Alistair Overeem (-215) vs. Travis Browne (+178)
- Chael Sonnen (+100) vs. Mauricio Rua (-120)
In looking at the betting odds, you can see which fights are the closest. The main event between Sonnen and Shogun is not really worth betting on as the line is so thin. Another one that is almost invisible is the Cole Miller-Manvel Gamburyan fight.
In looking at the most intriguing money makers, there is one line that could bring you a pretty penny. John Howard is a vast underdog against Uriah Hall despite the fact he has great experience against top-level talent. If you want to take the chance on a solid risk-reward scenario, put a few pesos on John Howard for the win.