Scott Barbour/Getty Images
If looks could kill: Rodgers and Suarez's relationship at Liverpool has now broken down beyond repair
Another day, and another new development in the summer’s longest-running transfer saga as John Cross reports in the Daily Mirror that unsettled Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is now refusing to say sorry to both his teammates and the club itself.
The Uruguayan had been asked to make an apology last week by manager Brendan Rodgers after claiming that the Northern Irishman had broken a promise he made to him last year. Suarez claimed he had an agreement that would see him move to a club competing in the Champions League if Liverpool failed to qualify.
Rodgers has since denied that any such verbal agreement ever took place, but with both parties seemingly at loggerheads and Suarez’s relationship with his coach reportedly having also broken down irrevocably, it now appears there's no way back for the striker at the club.
And Arsenal have moved in quickly following this latest new development over the weekend by requesting peace talks to settle the matter, which is fast turning ugly, once and for all.
So just another normal day at Liverpool then.
And the news does not get any better either for Rodgers and Co. according to Dominic King, the Daily Mail’s North-West Correspondent, who claims that centre-back Daniel Agger would be keen on a move to Spanish champions FC Barcelona this summer after all, which will come as a bitter blow to the Reds.
So far, Liverpool have already been forced to turn down one offer from the Catalans for the Dane, valued at £15 million.
However, the club are said to be bracing themselves for the imminent arrival of a second bid, with Barca understood to be waiting to see if their No. 1 defensive target, Chelsea’s David Luiz, will first push for a move to Camp Nou before to deciding whether to return to Liverpool to poach Agger.
But if the La Liga giants do decide to increase their offer signifcantly, then according to the central defender’s agent, Agger would like to move to Catalonia.
“We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected,” said Per Steffensen.
“Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change.”
And Liverpool have already made inquiries with Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain about the availability of France international Mamadou Sakho as a replacement for Agger.
Finally, the Liverpool Echo’s Neil Jones reports that the Reds are on the verge of sealing a £6 million deal to sign attack-minded Granada left-back Guilherme Siqueira as cover for Spaniard Jose Enrique in that position next season.
And despite no fee having so far been agreed between the two clubs, it is expected that the 27-year-old Brazilian will be at Anfield before the window closes on September 2.