Real Madrid Transfer News and Rumors Tracker: Week of August 12

Samuel MarsdenFeatured ColumnistAugust 12, 2013

Real Madrid Transfer News and Rumors Tracker: Week of August 12

0 of 10

    Welcome to your one-stop shop for all the latest news and rumors, however feasible or far-fetched they may well be, from the Santiago Bernabeu.

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, August 15 at 0730 ET---

    With the La Liga campaign kicking off this weekend, Real Madrid will be keen to tie up any outstanding business as soon as possible.

    And as one big-name signing continues to be linked, a host of lesser names may be ushered out the door in the Spanish capital over the next seven days.

    This slideshow will be constantly updated throughout the week with the most recent news, rumours and rubbish pushed to the first few slides.

    With that in mind, make sure you're continuously heading back—you wouldn't want to miss anything.

     

    Confirmed in: Casemiro (Sao Paulo), Isco (Malaga), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad)

    Confirmed out: Ricardo Carvalho (Monaco), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Jose Callejon, Gonzalo Higuain and Raul Albiol (Napoli

Gareth Bale

1 of 10

    In a meeting between Carlo Ancelotti and Florentino Perez on Friday, Marca are reporting that Real Madrid's president told his coach that he is still convinced Gareth Bale will be part of his squad next season.

    Ancelotti does want the Welshman, but is thought to be concerned at the length of time the deal is taking.

    The Italian is wary it could have an effect on Bale, drawing parallels with how Luka Modric struggled to adjust immediately after his move from Tottenham last summer.

    Meanwhile The Independent are suggesting Manchester United have entered the race for the 24-year-old too, as they become increasingly desperate to make what the paper calls a "marquee signing."

    UPDATE: "I'm sorry, but I can't talk" was the response of Gareth Bale when Marca's journalists affronted him outside of the hotel where he is staying with the Welsh national team in Cardiff. Marca go on to suggest that Bale is fed up with Daniel Levy's attitude over his proposed move to the Spanish capital.

    UPDATE: According to The Mirror, Bale has told his Welsh international teammates that he will not play for Tottenham again.

    He certainly won't play against Crystal Palace this weekend and a decision, one way or the other, is expected within five days.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, August 15 at 0730 ET---

Sami Khedira

2 of 10

    Radio Montecarlo are suggesting that Sami Khedira's agent has been in touch with French champions Paris Saint-Germain over a possible move away from Real Madrid, via football-espana.net.

    The German international is thought to have grown disillusioned following Jose Mourinho's departure and the arrival of several new midfielders.

    Asier Illarramendi's price tag suggests he'll play, while Luka Modric has played deeper in preseason and young Brazilian Casemiro has impressed.

    Then there's the impending return of Xabi Alonso.

    It all equates to the possibility that Khedira would be more than welcome to listen to prospective offers.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, August 15 at 0730 ET---

Pepe

3 of 10

    According to Marca, Manchester City's interest in Pepe hasn't gone anywhere, despite being unable to conclude any deal so far this summer.

    The Madrid-based newspaper are reporting on the back of Cadena Cope's story that City's director of football, Txiki Begiristain, is currently in the Spanish capital trying to personally negotiate a deal for the Portuguese defender.

    Pepe slipped out of favor to Raphael Varane last season, but with the French youngster still recovering from an injury and Raul Albiol sold to Napoli, Los Blancos are likely to demand a high price for the 30-year-old.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, August 15 at 0730 ET---

Bruma

4 of 10

    News outlets in Portugal have suggested that Real Madrid could be about to sign Sporting Lisbon's talented youngster Bruma, via Marca.

    The 18-year-old winger shone at the Under-20 World Cup in Turkey this summer and, aside from Madrid, is also said to be being watched by PSV Eindhoven and Galatasaray.

    There's currently confusion surrounding the player's future though.

    He feels his contract has expired and he is free to join a new club, while Sporting insist he has one more year left to run—Bruma's thus enlisted the help of a lawyer, Bebiano Gomes. 

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, August 15 at 0730 ET---

Alberto Moreno

5 of 10

    Real Madrid continue to be linked with left-backs, and one of their targets, Sevilla's Alberto Moreno, has spoken about a possible transfer, via football-espana.net

    "I'm proud Real Madrid are interested but the only thing I’m dedicating myself to at the moment is playing.

    "I've still got two years left on my agreement with Sevilla and what happens will happen. I don't know anything about other teams as that is for my agent."

    Moreno impressed for Sevilla last season and also enjoyed success with Spain U-21s at this summer's European Championships. 

    He would be likely to offer back-up to Marcelo, with Fabio Coentrao seemingly desperate to leave.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, August 15 at 0730 ET---

Xabi Alonso

6 of 10

    According to football-espana.net, reports in the Italian press are linking Fiorentina with a move for Xabi Alonso.

    The Basque midfielder's contract expires next summer and there doesn't appear to be any new deal for an extension set to be agreed soon.

    However Cadena Ser believe that the Italian clubs' intentions are to persuade the 31-year-old to join them next summer on a free transfer, via football-espana.net.

    Alonso missed the Confederations Cup through injury and hasn't featured for Real Madrid in preseason.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Tuesday, August 13 at 07:00 ET---

Angel Di Maria

7 of 10

    Talk of Gareth Bale has bossed the last few weeks, leading to question marks over the status of Angel di Maria should the Welshman arrive.

    Via AS, the Argentinian international has reaffirmed his commitment to the club, though:

    “I am staying at Real Madrid. I am under contract until 2018 and I am happy here. The boss has given minutes to all of us during preseason and that is important."

    Di Maria will be competing with Cristiano Ronaldo, Mesut Ozil and Isco for a place in the triumvirate, with Alvaro Morata and Jese Rodriguez also expected to be in the picture if they stay at the club, rather than moving on loan. 

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Monday, August 12 at 06:00 ET---

Mattia De Sciglio

8 of 10

    AC Milan are looking to tie Mattia de Sciglio down to a new contract after rumored interest from Real Madrid, according to Marca.

    The Italian giants consider the young full-back one of their brightest prospects and are not too happy about the interest from the Bernabeu.

    If he commits to the new offer on the table he stands to double his 500,000 yearly salary, as well as being contracted to the San Siro outfit until 2018.

    However, that's a lot less than Madrid would be prepared to offer the Italian international.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Monday, August 12 at 06:00 ET---

Fabio Coentrao

9 of 10

    Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that the future of Fabio Coentrao lies in the hands of the defender himself, via Football Espana:

    “[He] is thinking about [his future]. The player is the one who has to decide and that is very good.”

    The Portuguese full-back has been linked with a number of clubs from France, England and Portugal, with The Daily Star suggesting last week that Tottenham were set to sign him for £13 million.

    With the English and Spanish leagues getting underway this coming weekend, Coentrao could be keen to push through a move this week.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Monday, August 12 at 06:00 ET---

Luka Modric

10 of 10

    Jamie Jackson of The Guardian wrote over the weekend that David Moyes is ready to turn his attention from Barcelona to Madrid in his pursuit of a new midfielder.

    Manchester United have previously been linked with Thiago Alcantara and Cesc Fabregas, but now appear to have switched their target to Luka Modric.

    The 27-year-old only left Tottenham for Real Madrid last summer, but Jackson suggest Moyes could offer £25 million for the Croatian international.

    After a disappointing start, Modric has become well-liked among supporters in the Spanish capital. However, with an abundance of midfielders at the club, United may feel Carlo Ancelotti would be prepared to cash in.

    With the new campaign set to get underway next weekend, the English champions would need to make a move swiftly.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Monday, August 12 at 06:00 ET---