Here's a brief summary of the 2013-14 season based on many predictions from ESPN, NBA.com and Bleacher Report:
- The Top 5 Teams from each conference are the Heat, Bulls, Pacers, Nets and Knicks, and the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets and Warriors—usually in that order
- Some younger teams will push for the sixth to eighth seeds out East, like the new look Pistons and Hawks, the improved Wizards and Cavaliers, and possibly the Raptors as well
- The Nuggets and Grizzlies took a big step back this season and will likely pick up the sixth and seventh seeds in the West
- The Lakers, Timberwolves, Mavericks, Pelicans and Trailblazers will fight it out for the eighth seed in the West
- The Bobcats, Bucks, Celtics, Magic, 76ers, Jazz, Kings and Suns are officially in the "Andrew Wiggins Sweepstakes"
However, as we all know, expectations never turn out to be reality. While injuries play a major factor in these predictions, and you can't predict injuries, here are some predictions that don't fit into this general theme. These are the five teams that will exceed these expectations.