The Denver Broncos have immense competition for starting roles. Many starting nods are up for grabs, leaving uncertainty for the fan base. However, competition is healthy and totes along elevated practice intensity and performance.
At running back, tight end, middle linebacker, strong safety and free safety, competition is heavy.
The projected starters for the other positions are as follows:
- Quarterback—Peyton Manning
- Wide Receiver—Demaryius Thomas (Split End), Eric Decker (Flanker), Wes Welker (Slot)
- Left Tackle—Ryan Clady
- Left Guard—Zane Beadles
- Center—Dan Koppen
- Right Guard—Louis Vasquez
- Right Tackle—Orlando Franklin
- Defensive Tackles—Sylvester Williams, Terrance Knighton
- Defensive Ends—Robert Ayers, Derek Wolfe
- Outside Linebackers—Von Miller, Robert Ayers
Preseason games will be all the more interesting with the grueling competition set to rock the Broncos' depth chart.