Ronde Barber, the longest tenured member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is a definite interview goal for me. What player could have a better knowledge of the red and pewter?
Here are 20 questions I devised for a Ronde Barber interview. Enjoy!
1) First off, how does it feel to be one of the last Buccaneers still remaining on the squad from the 2002 championship team? How do you feel about the new dawn of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this year?
2) What kind of wisdom do you think you can bring to the new team in regards to the success that you've had in past years on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
3) What is your favorite moment from game play at Tampa Bay?
4) What keeps you happy and re-signing as a longtime player here in Tampa Bay?
5) I heard you and Tiki have written three children's books about football and are currently in production for an animated show based on the books. Have you and your brother discovered your new passion? Do you think you'll continue in this field after football is over, or do you see yourself as more of a football analyst?
6) How is the mood at mini camp? With the new regime and new ways of the trade to learn, are players excited? Focused?
7) Your team is staying home this summer for camp instead of setting up shop at Disney's Wide World of Sports in Orlando. Does this change camp for you at all?
8) I know it's early, but how do you think the team will fare this year in the NFC South?
9) What have you had to do to change your game as the new team of coaches has stepped in in Tampa Bay?
10) What was it like to play with your brother Tiki at Virginia? How did your teammates react to the interesting situation?
11) Your real name is actually Jamael Oronde Barber. Why did you choose Ronde?
12) In your opinion, what needs to be improved on on the defensive end of the ball this year? How can you help make that happen this year? Any new defensive players that you see being key components to the defensive game?
13) As we near Mother's Day, I'd like to bring up the fact that your mother Geraldine courageously raised you as a single parent after your parents divorced, making sure you were strong in your school studies and stayed on the right track. How has she paved the way for you and Tiki?
14) How did you feel when you and your brother were named to People Magazine's 2001 "50 Most Beautiful People" list?
15) Tough question—do you feel that your play diminished after Gruden left? If so, do you feel that it diminished because of the coaching change, or outside forces?
16) I know it must be difficult for you and your brother to catch each other's games, much less make the games in person. How did it feel for you when your brother Tiki was there in person to see you play in Super Bowl XXXVII?
17) Come on, we all want to know—Do you Twitter?
18) What opponent are you looking forward to playing most this season?
19) What are your thoughts on the Buccaneers' draft this year?
20) What are your goals for the next five years?