UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2, formerly known as UFC on Fox Sports 1 2 (you can see why they changed it, right?), has officially been finalized.
Fox Sports made the announcement early morning, July 18.
As the event's new title suggests, a welterweight bout between Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann will headline the show. The clash will be the second between the two contenders.
It was Kampmann who first welcomed Condit to the UFC back in 2009, earning a tightly contested decision victory over the newcomer.
Since that first affair, both guys have found much success at 170, Condit winning the division's interim title, Kampmann finding his way into a No. 1 contender tussle.
But, both men will enter their August 28 showdown coming off of a loss (two for Condit), making a win critical for either fighter.
In addition to the main event, UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2 will feature 12 additional contests.
On the whole, the card shapes up as follows:
- Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone
- Paulo Thiago vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Sara McMann
- Robert Whittaker vs. Court McGee
- Bubba McDaniel vs. Brad Tavares
- Erik Perez vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Papy Abedi vs. Dylan Andrews
- Brandon Thatch vs. Justin Edwards
- Hatsu Hioki vs. Darren Elkins
- Jason High vs. James Head
- Benny Alloway vs. Zak Cummings
- Abel Trujillo vs. Roger Bowling
While this fight roster is now "official," it doesn't mean there won't be any future alterations made to the card.
We are still nearly a month-and-a-half out from fight night, and rarely does a period that long pass without at least one fighter going down with an injury. The confirmation does, however, paint a fairly accurate picture of what the event will look like.
Let's all parties stay healthy and compete in August!