Thursday’s Game: Brewers 5, Reds 6
Record: 16-13, Third Place
- Braden Looper struggled for the first real time in a Brewers uniform, giving up 5 runs and 8 hits, including 2 homeruns over just 3 1/3 frames. The offense fought back, including a pair of RBI by both Prince Fielder and Mike Cameron, and a RBI by Hardy. Milwaukee couldn’t escape the abbreviated roadtip undefeated, but return to Miller Park winners of 4 of the last 5 contests.
- A peek inside the mind of Ken Macha. Something tells me a lot of crossword puzzles and model ship building goes on in there.
- Miller Park Movies… AWESOME!!!
- Willie Randolph talks about the difference between playing in Milwaukee in ‘91 and coaching there now. Kind of a cool clip.
- Bleacher Report on Manny Parra apparently being Manny Parra.
- Not everyone has given up on Brad Nelson quite yet.
- The Rattlers lost… again. But it wasn’t for lack of trying. Cutter Dykstra, Brock Kjeldgaard and Michael Vass went deep in the loss.
- The Sounds beat the Iowa Cubs Thursday. I precursor for things to come in tonight’s Brewer game? We’ll see.
- Rich Harden hopes to show baseball he can pitch more than six innings like a big boy. Awwwwww!!!
- 10 shirts more racist than “Zambrano Mows My Lawn” (NSFW - I mean, where do you people work? It’s totally subjective).
- Roy Oswalt will corageously make his next start despite dealing with a widdo bwuze on his fingeeeey.
- Cards OF Rick Ankiel was put on the DL… his injury seems a bit more serious than Oswalt’s.
- Manny Ramirez was suspended 50 games for PEDs. If you’re just reading this news for the first time right now, you’re lying.
- Tim Lincecum likes 1993 movie “Rookie of the Year.” Not a bad flick, for a kids movie.
- O’s pitcher, and former Brewers prospect, Dennis Sarfate will undergo tests on his hand in hopes of determining the cause of numbness.
- Photoshops featuring current Brewer Dave Bush, former Brewer Candy Maldonado, among others.
- Cal Ripken Jr. texting during a game and leaving in the 8th inning with a 4-4 tie? Nothing is sacred.