Chelsea has made a little bit of noise already this summer, but it's pretty clear the club isn't done.
Already having come to terms with Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle and Vitesse Arnhem's Marco van Ginkel, the Blues—fresh off a third-place finish in the EPL—have been at the center of speculation surrounding many other big names this summer.
It's apparent that new-but-not-really-new manager Jose Mourinho is intent on making (another) major imprint on Chelsea history.
Let's take a look at the most recent news coming out of west London.
Chelsea Officially Inks Mark Schwarzer
It's not nearly on the scale of some of the other moves Chelsea has been rumored to be on the brink of, but Mark Schwarzer's move to Stamford Bridge is official.
The Chelsea website confirmed the news on Tuesday:
Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer on a free transfer.
The Australian international has signed a one-year contract that will keep him with the club until next summer's World Cup in Brazil, for which he helped his country seal qualification last month.
It's not likely a move that will win many trophies, but it's a solid one nonetheless.
The 40-year-old Schwarzer improves Chelsea's backup goalkeeper situation, providing some insurance behind Petr Cech for a year before burgeoning star Thibaut Courtois is ready to take over.
Stephan El Shaarawy Not Going Anywhere
The Italian international has been rumored to be a target for Mourinho and Chelsea, but it appears as though he's not interested in leaving AC Milan.
News comes courtesy of Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani, who in an interview with 7 Gold Television, per Football Italia, revealed Stephan El Shaarawy is perfectly content in his home country.
“What we hadn’t told anyone was that we received a very big offer for El Shaarawy, but I will never name the club involved. It is a very important club, though,” said Galliani.
“I informed the players’ agent and as soon as he returned from the Confederations Cup I spoke to Stephan.
“We did not want to sell him, so we simply informed the lad and his family that this proposal had arrived for him.
“I asked him what he wanted to do. He said the money he had was more than sufficient, that he is a Milan fan and did not want to leave. I kissed him on the cheek and that was that.”
For being just 20 years old, El Shaarawy is an immense talent. He scored 18 goals across Serie A and the Champions League last season and possesses a tantalizing blend of pace and creative ability.
Nevertheless, Chelsea fans shouldn't be overly bummed by this news. While El Shaarawy has loads of potential, there are plenty of very solid targets on the market who can be had for less money.
PSG Admits To Negotiations with Napoli for Edinson Cavani
El Shaarawy isn't the only player Chelsea is reportedly out of the race for.
According to Paris St. Germain Director of Football Leonardo, per Sky Sports, the French side is officially in talks with Napoli for Edinson Cavani:
"We presented De Laurentiis with an offer that I consider really interesting," Leonardo told Il Mattino.
"The negotiations continue. We will remain in contact and, in these next few days, there could be news."
This is certainly far from concrete proof that the talented striker is on his way to Paris, but at the very least, PSG now has to be considered the front-runner for his services.
If Cavani is out of the picture, what should Chelsea do?
Cavani led Serie A with 29 goals in 34 appearances last season. He's a versatile scorer capable of finding the back of the net from distance, from close, with either foot or with his head, but he's also a very hard worker.
It will be intriguing to see where Chelsea goes from here. Is it confident with a strike force of Fernando Torres, Romelu Lukaku and Demba Ba, or will it continue to target more depth up front in the form of someone like Christian Benteke?
Odds are, you haven't heard the last from Chelsea's camp.