Chris Weidman managed to do in less than two rounds what no other fighter in the UFC could do in 16 fights, plus he was the first ever to knock out the legendary Brazilian champion.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown, so today we will discuss Chris Weidman's win along with the prospects about his first title defense.
Today's show will also discuss the antics that caught up to Anderson Silva on Saturday night. Did his showboating finally cost him or was this what made Silva so great during his undefeated run through the UFC?
All this and much, much more as we turn our entire focus to the championship bout between Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva.
Today's debate topics include:
- Initial reaction to the fight between Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva?
- Who gets more credit for how the fight actually ended—Weidman or Silva?
- Are we right to applaud Anderson Silva when he taunts and clowns an opponent to win, yet vilify him when it backfires like it did against Weidman?
- Do you believe Anderson Silva will return and get the rematch with Weidman?
- Does the rematch go down any differently?
This is MMA's Great Debate Radio for Monday, July 8, 2013
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!