It's not surprising when the highest-profile player in the NFL wears the uniform of the Cowboys or Eagles. But it isn't often that player resides in the small town of Orchard Park, NY, just outside of Buffalo. That's the case this season, as Terrell Owens brings his traveling circus to Western, NY. In my hopes of sitting down with one of the most complex and complicated athletes of our time, here are the 20 questions I have for him:
1. You weren't highly recruited coming out of high school. You also weren't highly regarded coming out of college. Is that a major reason why you have played most of your career with a chip on your shoulder?
2. One thing no one has ever criticized you for is your work ethic. Where did that work ethic come from? How much did you learn about preparation from playing with Jerry Rice early in your career?
3. Some have called you a quarterback killer. Trent Edwards has only started one season in the NFL. What are your thoughts on him?
4. Who is the best quarterback you ever played with?
5. Buffalo seemed like an unlikely suitor for you. Were you surprised that they were the team that came in with the best offer?
6. It can be tough to throw the ball late in the season in Buffalo. Are you OK playing on a team that may only throw 15-18 passes in a game?
7. Jerry Jones appeared to be your biggest fan. How shocked were you when the Cowboys let you go? Did you think you were going to finish your career in Dallas?
8. You have experienced a lot of personal success. At this point in your career, is it Super Bowl or bust for you? Can this team get to the Super Bowl?
9. Have you talked with Lee Evans? Has he thanked you for coming to Buffalo and taking over the role as the guy who is going to get all the double coverage?
10. Whether it's fair or not, reports have surfaced that you have had problems with every quarterback you have played with in the NFL with the exception of Steve Young. Why should we expect things to be different in Buffalo?
11. You now play in the same division as Randy Moss. Two years ago the week before the two of you faced off you coined the now popular phrase, "Getcha' Popcorn Ready." Once and for all, who is the better No. 81? T.O. or The Freak?
12. You have been in Buffalo for just over three months and you are already the face of the franchise. A card with your picture and the phrase "Getcha' popcorn ready Buffalo" is being sent out to all season ticket holders. How seriously do you take that responsibility?
13. Who, in your opinion, is the greatest receiver to ever play in the NFL?
14. What happened in Dallas last year? You received a lot of the blame but it had to be more than just you. The team is loaded with talent and didn't even make the playoffs. What, in your opinion, went wrong last year in Big D?
15. Which cornerback has given you the most trouble throughout your career?
16. You are now 35-years old. Fair or not, you come with a lot of baggage. Is this your last chance to make a big impact for an NFL team?
17. Some people on TV say your skills are diminishing. How do you respond to that? Are you the same receiver you were five years ago?
18. Perhaps the only player in the NFL who gets criticized more than you is Donovan McNabb. You played with McNabb in Philly. What is the dynamic of that team all about and why do you believe McNabb has never really been truly accepted by all the Philly fans?
19. Buffalo isn't exactly Dallas. What are you going to do for fun in a city where it snows 11 months out of the year?
20. How does the final chapter end for you? How do you see T.O. riding off into the sunset?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!