Wigan's new manager, Owen Coyle, has been a busy bee in the last few days as his preparations for a quick return to the EPL really got going.
Three players have now been signed, which is half the amount that Coyle had been looking to recruit to bolster his team that is set to lose some key players.
Coyle looked set to raid his former club, Burnley, to sign Chris McCann and Martin Paterson, but only half of this rumor turned into fact.
Irish midfielder McCann became Coyle's first major signing for the Latics, and maybe his arrival provides an assurance in central midfield, should star player James McCarthy leave the club.
McCarthy has been hotly tipped to be playing Premier League football again next season, with Tottenham and Everton rumored to be interested in his signing according to Jonathan Northcroft's report in The Sunday Times.
Twenty-five-year-old McCann played for Coyle during his nine-year career at Turf Moor, but his move will only officially take place on July 1, when his contract expires with the Clarets.
It doesn't look likely that teammate Paterson will be joining him, though. Sky Sports revealed that Wigan were closing in on the signing of the striker as well as McCann, but so far that move has not materialized.
However, strikers are what Wigan need as they look set to lose Ivorian forward Arouna Kone and already have Franco di Santo out of contract.
Kone was the Latics' top scorer last season with 13 goals in all competitions, but the 29-year-old has been linked with a move to Everton to join up with Roberto Martinez again as Sky Sports reports.
It's understood that Kone has a buyout clause in his contract believed to be in the region of £5 million, according to Tom McCooey's report for WiganToday.
Fellow striker Mauro Boselli has left Wigan to join Mexican side Club Leon.
Latics fans will not be too upset by the Argentine's departure, as the 29-year-old never made an impact at the DW following his arrival from Estudiantes in 2010.
Having only scored five in 23 appearances, Boselli was regularly loaned out, and his disappointing stay has now finally ended.
At least Wigan are starting to bolster their defense, which was also looking slightly weak with the departure of Maynor Figueroa at Hull and the likely exit of Antolin Alcaraz.
Thirty-two-year-old Stephen Crainey has now been revealed as Wigan's second summer signing.
The Scottish left-back signed a one-year contract after arriving on a free transfer from Blackpool and is relishing the challenge ahead of him.
He told Wigan Evening Post:
"The Championship is a grueling division, with tough games every week but that and the chance to play European football is a challenge I’m really looking forward to."
The Latics also revealed Celtic's Thomas Rogne as Coyle's latest signing today after arriving on a free and will provide extra defensive cover.
The 22-year-old Norwegian, who was out of contract with the SPL champions, has become Coyle's third signing in less than a week.
Meanwhile, there has been lots of speculation concerning Callum McManaman.
According to a Wigan Today report, McManaman looks set to stay at Wigan, which manager Coyle is delighted by, and the new boss said:
I came to the game against Swansea and he was outstanding.
Every time he got the ball the crowd was out of their seats because they thought something was going to happen.
There’s no doubt he is an outstanding talent, but we have to balance that against the number of games he has played. He is still a kid, but I believe he is destined for a huge career.
The 22-year-old, who is still recovering from an injury sustained in the FA Cup final, would probably remain at Wigan unless a more sizable offer was to be made.