This is some info on a New Zealand Rugby Tour with Jason Liddle (a coach in San Antonio, TX). This looks like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for U19 players! I wish I could go!
from Jason Liddle:
This is an opportunity for a group of U19 rugby players to join me in New Zealand for either three weeks or six weeks of intense training, practice sessions, games with local clubs, and some Kiwi experiences.
Let’s not forget some FUN too!!!
* Two practice sessions per week with a local club team.
* A club game each Saturday.
* Coach Jason’s Personal Fitness Training will include gym work, beach training, running, indoor swimming, hiking & biking.
* With my training program you will return home with more developed game skills, more experience, improved fitness and a stronger body.
* Training runs around the beautiful bays of Auckland Harbor and finish at Mission Bay for pizza at the famous Toninos Italian pizzeria.
* Bike riding: Take a ferry trip to Waiheke Island in the Auckland Harbor. Hop on bikes and ride up and down the beautiful and grueling hills of the island. Just the thing for developing powerful strong rugby legs!
* Hiking: Ferry trip to the extinct volcano of Rangitoto Island. Hike the 1000ft high summit and see the spectacular 360 degree views of Auckland city & Hauraki Gulf. Explore the lava caves & pohutukawa forests.
* The Auckland Domain: Training on the fields and run the paths of this 185 acre park, walking distance from your accommodation.
* Run the challenge of 600ft One Tree Hill
* Paintball in Kumeau, North Auckland Adrenaline rushed team building exercise.
* Orewa Beach training. Some Jason designed fitness and team building fun.
* Attending local games & viewing televised games with Jason providing explanation of and instruction on the laws of the game.
* Evenings of Rugby group discussions.
* Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World: The 3” thick Perspex tunnel makes you feel like you’re swimming with the sharks.
* Waiwera Thermal Hot Pools: Soak or swim in the thermal hot pools.
* North Head Hauraki Gulf Marine Park: Enjoy the ferry ride to Davenport and explore the World War II battery gun installations.
* Walk Auckland city’s coast to coast: Walk the 10 miles from the east coast to the west coast enjoying many sights along the way.
* Round trip airfares Texas to New Zealand including travel insurance
* Accommodation: fully serviced shared apartments, including gym, indoor swimming pool located in uptown Auckland.
* Home cooked meals (with hands on instruction for the boys). Breakfast seven days a week, Lunch & Dinner five days a week.
* Tour Jacket.
* Transportation to games, practice and in and around the city.
* Sightseeing costs as detailed in presentation.
* Personal training programs by Coach Jason.
* And importantly adult supervision.
* Tickets to New Zealand All Blacks vs. Australian Wallabies International Test Match.
* Saturday July 18th at Eden Park Stadium
* I was born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand where Rugby is our National Sport.
* With 20 years experience as a player and coach and a track record of training both experienced players & those new to the game.
* I am certified by USA Rugby and I.R.B. (International Rugby Board) to coach players aging from U6 to Men’s and Women’s Rugby.
* I have met College and National Coaches and understand what they are looking for in a player.
* During June I will be attending the International Rugby Academy, in Wellington NZ, completing the High Performance Coaching Course, conducted by Former All Blacks and Professional Coaches.
* I will be in Auckland preparing 1 week prior to the boys arrival, for a great start to their New Zealand Rugby Experience.
* 3 week package $3100.00
Dates: 6/25/09 - 7/19/09
7/16/09 - 8/8/09
* 6 week package $4600.00
Dates: 6/25/09 - 8/8/09
* Minimum of five players per three week period
* Prices may vary depending on numbers of players attending & fluctuations in exchange rates.
Enquiries call or email Coach Jason Liddle - (210) 843 6457