Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Carlos Tevez, Gonzalo Higuain, Luis Suarez
The transfer-window dominoes are starting to fall, one by one.
With word leaking Tuesday of Carlos Tevez's potential move to Juventus, Arsenal's pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain reportedly heated up even more.
Those stories lead this Wednesday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip roundup, which also includes updates on Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and more.
Keep reading for all the details.
Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images
Manchester City have agreed to sell Argentine striker Carlos Tevez to Juventus for a base fee of €9 million, according to multiple reports.
The Independent's Ian Herbert broke the story Tuesday night via Twitter.
On Wednesday, the paper reported that the agreement includes add-ons of €1 million for every season Juventus reach the Champions League with Tevez on the team. According to the report, Tevez is "likely" to agree to personal terms with Juventus, though he does not expect the Italians to match the £200,000 per week he made at City.
The report cites Italian sources indicating Tevez will earn €5.5 million per season with Juventus.
According to Sky Sports, 29-year-old Tevez has scored 73 goals in 148 appearances for City since joining the club from Manchester United in 2009.
Alex Livesey/Getty Images
Higuain, 25, has been linked heavily with a transfer to Arsenal. The Independent reported Tuesday that new Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is set to sanction the move. Juventus were also interested but have instead moved to sign Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.
According to the Mirror's translation, Higuain's brother is quoted as saying: “Juventus are a great club, but Gonzalo is too expensive for them. Napoli are a strong side and that place represents a lot for Argentines. But saying that, I can’t deny that Gonzalo is now close to Arsenal."
The Telegraph reported last week that the transfer would cost Arsenal £22 million, a club record.
Higuain scored 16 league goals in 28 appearances for Real last season.
Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images
New Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez from Liverpool, according to the Daily Star.
Suarez, 26, scored 23 goals in 33 Premier League appearances last season. He is currently serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic during a match.
Earlier this month, Suarez hinted that he could leave Liverpool and blamed the British media for driving him out of the country, as reported by The Guardian.
The Star notes that Suarez's agent, Pere Guardiola, is also working to complete a move to Madrid.
Suarez's release clause is £40 million, but Real hope to sign him for less than that, according to the report.
Johan Cruyff on Lionel Messi and Neymar
Rich Schultz/Getty Images
Former Barcelona player and manager Johan Cruyff has told Marca that having Lionel Messi and Neymar in the same team could cause problems next season for Barcelona.
Speaking about Neymar and Messi in the same squad, Cruyff is quoted as saying:
With Neymar on board, I would have planned for the possibility of selling Messi, and some would agree with that, others not. You are talking about a team, its players, the things around it... There are too may things at stake. That's why it's so difficult to manage such a top class squad.
Asked whether he would have signed Neymar, Cruyff said, "No."
Clive Mason/Getty Images
Chelsea have told Napoli they will not pay more than £40 million for Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani, according to the Daily Star.
Cavani, 26, is wanted by several clubs including Chelsea and Real Madrid, if reports in the Daily Mail are to be believed. His release clause is £53.5 million, which is the amount Napoli want for a transfer, according to the Star's report.
"Napoli will have to sell him for a figure much less than the buy-out,” a Chelsea source told the Star.
Cavani led Serie A with 29 goals last season.
Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
Liverpool have completed the signing of goalkeeper Simon Mignolet (pictured) from Sunderland, as reported on Liverpool's official website.
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has downplayed reports of interest from Barcelona and Bayern Munich, telling La Montagne (h/t ESPN): "I have a four-year contract. For now, I am still at Arsenal."
New Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has sanctioned a £20 million bid for Corinthians midfielder Paulinho, per The Times (subscription required).
Everton are interested in CSKA Moscow's Japanese midfielder Keisuke Honda as a potential replacement for Marouane Fellaini, according to the Daily Mail.