If you think the Blues' summer transfer dealings are done there though, think again. The Londoners haven't won the Premier League title since 2010, and with their Portuguese manager back at the club he proclaims to love the most, we can expect more comings and goings ahead of the new season kicking off on Aug. 17.
But who will be arriving and who will bidding farewell to Stamford Bridge? This summer has already seen David Luiz linked with a move to Barcelona, via Daily Mail, while Edinson Cavani is rumored to be arriving for £53 million, as per The Guardian.
We gave warning of it in May, and now "silly season" is will and truly here in the Premier League. Sit tight as Bleacher Report keeps you up to date throughout the week with all the latest Chelsea news and gossip.
Last Update: June 28
Chelsea will look to sign Robert Lewandowski this summer if their pursuit of Edinson Cavani falls through—that's according to The Mirror.
With Uruguay now just playing for third place with Italy in the Confederations Cup, the report suggests Cavani's future at Napoli will be sorted sooner rather than later, with Blues boss Jose Mourinho eager to beat Real Madrid to his signature.
Should Real come out on top, though, a £170,000-per-week offer is set to be put to Lewandowski the report states, with Chelsea confident they can persuade Borussia Dortmund into selling the player who has entered the last year of his contract.
It has been reported this summer by The Guardian that Cavani prefers a move to the Bernabeu, with his dad suggesting his son had his heart set on joining Real.
It's lead to Cavani himself asking his parent to stop discussing his future in public, as reported by the Daily Mail, who also reported on his dad's comments.
The German international endured a tough first season at Stamford Bridge following his move from Werder Bremen. Injuries prevented him from making an impact early on in the campaign, while a loss of form later saw him remain largely on the periphery under interim manager Rafa Benitez.
ESPN suggests the loan move is a result of Andre Schurrle's arrival at Chelsea, which has knocked Marin further down the Stamford Bridge pecking order.
Chelsea are on the look out for back-up to Petr Cech having released Ross Turnbull and Hilario this summer, meaning the Czech stopper is the only senior goalkeeper at Stamford Bridge.
As the report in The Sun also suggests, the 26-year-old is classed as home grown player, so will bolster Chelsea's ranks in line with Premier League regulations that state all clubs must include eight in a squad of 25.
The British red top is reporting Chelsea are refusing to pay more than £40 million for the Uruguayan, but Napoli are holding out for the full £53 million stipulated in his release clause.
A source close to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is quoted as saying: “Napoli will have to sell him for a figure much less than the buy-out.”
In other news, the same report claims Chelsea are tracking Wayne Rooney, while Jose Mourinho is apparently unimpressed with new recruit Andre Schurrle.
Juan Mata has denied reports linking him with Real Madrid and Barcelona, saying he is eager to remain a Chelsea player.
"I don't know where that came from," the Spaniard said in The Mirror, referring to rumors he may be leaving Chelsea (via talkSPORT). "The last time I spoke with the club they told me I was a very important player to them and transmitted confidence in me.
"I'm sure Mourinho will want to see everyone first and then decide what he wants to do [...] After the holidays and after I've rested I'll meet the new boss and I'm sure things will go well."
Following The Mirror's report last week, we still don't know just how serious Chelsea's interest in Thiago Alcantara actually is.
The Blues were apparently alerted to his talents after a fine display at the UEFA Under-21 European Championships for Spain, but any hope they may have had of snapping him up seem to be fading fast.
Accoridng to the report, there is no guarantee of more game time for the 22-year-old, though, so the younsgter could still look to move on.
If he does move, United seems to be in the driving seat, with the player's dad quoted in The Mirror as saying his preferred destination is Old Trafford.
According to Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentis, Chelsea transfer target Edinson Cavani's future will be sorted before the end of July, when he is due back at the San Paolo following his Confederations Cup duties with Uruguay.
Speaking on Italian radio, Marca quoted him as saying: "I trust in Cavani, I think that he's a good man and he has the opportunity to prove it by staying at Napoli."
De Lautentis clearly sees the funny side of the on-going saga, however, when he jokingly threatened to cause Cavani physical pain if he doesn't come to a decision soon: "I think that the Cavani 'soap opera' will come to an end on July 20, which is when he returns from the Confederations Cup. If it doesn't, I'll rip his head off," he joked.
Cavani is widely expected to leave Italy this summer with Real Madrid as per The Independent, Chelsea as per the Daily Mail and Manchester City as per the Daily Express, all reportedly interested in his signature.
As the report explains, a £15 million deal has been agreed by Paulinho's club Corinthians and Spurs, but Chelsea is now rumoured to be interested in a last-minute swoop for the man who helped topple them in the Club World Cup Final last term.
A number of media outlets have quoted Paulinho as confirming that an offer is on the table from Spurs.
"There is an official offer from Tottenham to Corinthians," The Guardian quoted Paulinho as saying.
"But, as I did when there was an Inter Milan offer, I'll sit and decide with my family before I make any decision. I will only do it after the Confederations Cup because it's hard to deal with all these things."
If the Chelsea rumors are to be believed, it could prove a nail-biting next week or so for Spurs.