Real Madrid Transfer Tracker: Week of June 24 News and Rumours

Samuel MarsdenFeatured ColumnistJune 24, 2013

Real Madrid Transfer Tracker: Week of June 24 News and Rumours

0 of 11

    Welcome to your one-stop shop for all the news, however feasible or stretched it may well be, from the Santiago Bernabeu.

    ---LAST UPDATED: Saturday, 29 June 0900 ET---

    The Spanish capital looks set to see movement from the top down during the transfer window. With Casemiro and Dani Carvajal (and now Isco) already signed, more transfers look imminent.

    There's a feel of anything goes around Los Blancos at the moment, so don't be surprised to see some potentially massive deals.

    This slideshow will be constantly updated throughout the week with the most recent news, rumors and rubbish pushed to the first few slides.

    With that in mind, make sure you're continuously heading back—you wouldn't want to miss anything. 

Bale "wants to Leave"

1 of 11

    According to MARCA on Monday morning, Gareth Bale remains convinced that Real Madrid will take him to the Bernabeu this summer.

    The Welshman is not yet ready to announce he is ready to leave—rather, he is hoping that a meeting between Florentino Perez and Daniel Levy will yield the result he craves.

    However, The Daily Star in England say that the 23-year-old will tell Levy he wants to leave White Hart Lane.

    With that being said, the paper cites MARCA as its source, and the Madrid-based paper's official line was:

    "The player is not going to adopt any measure to pressure his current club Tottenham to sell him." 

    UPDATE: Brazilian midfielder Paulinho, a Tottenham target, has said that the London club have confirmed to him that Bale will remain with the club next season, via The Mirror:

    "What I respect about Tottenham is the ambition they have shown. This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player - and they have been clear they are both not going anywhere.”

    It's likely to mean very little in the scheme of things, as the Bale saga seems set to rumble on right through to August.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Saturday, 29 June 0900 ET---

Pepe Manchester City Bound?

2 of 11

    Pepe, via The Mirror, could be set to swap Real Madrid for Manchester City in the coming weeks.

    City manager Manuel Pellegrini worked with the Portuguese defender during his time as Madrid boss and is extremely keen for the two to link up again in England.

    In the report it suggests the Premier League side are prepared to spend £20 million on the 30-year-old, a fee Los Blancos would probably be happy to accept—Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos are seen as the first choice defenders at the moment.

    The blue half of Manchester seem happy to meet his lofty wage demands too according to the article in The Mirror.

    Florentino Perez had previously denied Pepe was for sale, via Sky Sports, but linking up with City seems an increasingly likely option.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Saturday, 29 June 0900 ET---

Ancelotti Targets Pirlo?

3 of 11

    In one of the weeks more surprising rumors, it's been suggested that Andrea Pirlo could swap Turin for Madrid.

    Reports in several media outlets in Spain, via football-espana, say that Real Madrid are interested in signing the 34-year-old.

    The midfielder, who's been a revelation once again with Italy at the Confederations Cup, previously worked with Carlo Ancelotti at AC Milan.

    It is thought Juventus would be reluctant to let him leave though, although the player himself may be tempted by once last big move.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Saturday, 29 June 0900 ET---

Geoffrey Kondogbia Latest

4 of 11

    Sevilla's Geoffrey Kondogbia remains with France Under 20's in Turkey, but when he returns speculation over his future is expected to intensify.

    MARCA say that Real Madrid, following the arrival of Isco, are ready to put the finishing touches to the deal next week.

    Los Blancos may even sign the midfielder and loan him back to the Andalusian club in a bid to not disrupt his development.

    Jose Maria del Nido, president of Sevilla, has already confirmed the club have received a bid of nine million euros, via The Mirrorover three times what they paid for him last summer.

    The club remain unnamed, but the English newspaper suggests Chelsea are ready to battle with Madrid for the young Frenchman's signature.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Saturday, 29 June 0900 ET---

Callejon Heading out

5 of 11

    Now that Real Madrid have a manager again, it's expected that players may now start leaving the Bernabeu.

    One of the first tipped to head out the exit door is attacking midfielder Jose Callejon.

    MARCA are reporting that the 26-year-old has three offers on the table and that he could sign one of them within the next week.

    The offers come in the form of two Italian clubs, Napoli and Fiorentina, and Liverpool from the Premier League.

    It is speculated that more emphasis will be placed on youngster Alvaro Morata and Jese Rodriguez next season, further pushing Callejon down the pecking order and forcing him to move on.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Saturday, 29 June 0900 ET---

Official: Isco Signs

6 of 11

    Rumors on whether Isco's future lies at Real Madrid or Manchester City can at last be put to be bed, as the 21-year-old has agreed to move to the Spanish capital.

    Madrid's president, Florentino Perez, via ESPN, had claimed on Wednesday night that the club had reached an agreement with Malaga to sign the player.

    And the club have since made the deal official, tweeting news of Isco's arrival on Thursday morning.

    Isco has penned a deal which will keep him at the Bernabeu for the next five seasons.

    In Big Brother style, AS have compiled his "best bits" for you to enjoy right here.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, 27 June 0900 ET--- 

Ronaldo to Meet with Manchester United?

7 of 11

    We remain to be kept in a dark corner over the future of Cristiano Ronaldo, although Real Madrid remain favorites to still own him come August.

    The latest news in Spanish paper El Pais, via Yahoo!, is that the Portuguese forward will "meet with Manchester United this week."

    As he remains contracted to Los Blancos, FIFA regulation prohibit any meeting take place, which may be why both Ronaldo and United have denied any knowledge of the meeting.

    Or it may be that the meeting is completely fabricated.

    In the meantime Carlo Ancelotti, via The Independent, has spoken of how much he is looking forward to working with the 28-year-old—giving no hint that he seems set to lose his newly inherited star asset.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, 27 June 0900 ET--- 

Higuain Deal Still Dragging on

8 of 11

    The Times ($), citing reports in Argentina, reported last week that Gonzalo Higuain had already agreed a four-year deal to join Arsenal next season. Meanwhile, Sky Bet moved to shut the market on him moving to the Emirates.

    However, several days later, the saga over Higuain's future appears to still be dragging on as no official announcement has come from Arsenal.

    According to ESPN, the striker´s father, Jorge Higuain, told La Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday morning:

    "Nothing has been signed yet, but I can assure you that an agreement with both Arsenal and Juventus has almost been reached."

    That´s nothing new in itself, but all three clubs involved will be happy to see this deal out of the way.

    UPDATE: Nicolas Higuain, the agent and brother of Gonzalo, has said that Arsenal are now closer than ever to clinching the signing of Madrid's Argentinian forward, via Sky Sports:

    "I think that Higuain is now closer to Arsenal. Juventus are a great club, but Gonzalo is too expensive for them. Napoli are a strong side and that place represents a lot for Argentines. Saying that, I can't deny that Gonzalo is now close to Arsenal."

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Thursday, 27 June 0900 ET--- 

Indecision Forcing Suarez to Look Elsewhere?

9 of 11

    Since Luis Suarez revealed, via The Guardian, in May that he was keen to leave Anfield, speculation has surrounded his future.

    MARCA have made Real Madrid the front runners for his signature but, having been without a manager until now, the club have lacked direction in the transfer market.

    That lack of direction has now, according to MARCA, forced Luis Suarez to consider other options he has on the table:

    "MARCA has discovered that Suarez has other offers comparable to that of Real Madrid on the table which he has now started to consider in view of Real Madrid's indecision."

    With Gareth Bale remaining Florentino Perez's favored big-name signing, it's unknown how keen Los Blancos will be to force the Suarez issue.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Tuesday, 24 June 1000 ET---

Kaka to Leave This Summer?

10 of 11

    This must be said every transfer window, but surely Kaka's time will be up at the Bernabeu by the time the window slams shut?

    Not even the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti, his old boss at AC Milan, seems likely to change that.

    MARCA say, on Tuesday morning, that Real Madrid are finally ready to give up hope on their once-upon-a-time-blockbuster-signing finally re-finding his glory days.

    Add to that the expected arrival of Isco and it would appear the Brazilian will at last have himself a new club by next season—with a possible hope of landing a World Cup spot with Brazil.

    There's yet to be a firm offer from any club, but no doubt the usual suspects will be sniffing around soon enough.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Tuesday, 24 June 1000 ET---

Gundogan Heading In?

11 of 11

    The revival of "Operation Gundogan" got serious last week, according to Madrid-based newspaper MARCA.

    Real Madrid had supposedly already secured the first option on the 22-year-old midfielder for next summer, as Borussia Dortmund didn't want to lose more than two of their squad this year—they anticipated the two being Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski.

    But as the Lewandowski saga drags on, Florentino Perez has seen an opportunity to bring forward the deal for the German international to this window.

    It would cost more to do the deal this year, although that's unlikely to deter los Blancos.

    And MARCA have since followed up that report, via Football-Espana.net, with speculation that Gundogan has already been in Madrid to discuss a potential move.

     

    ---LAST UPDATED: Monday, 23 June 0900 ET---