- The heroes of the night were Ryan Braun and Rickie Weeks. Braun hit a game tying, two run double in the eighth after arriving midway through the game, and Weeks hit a go ahead three run homer in the top of the ninth.
- Trevor Hoffman gave up a dribbler single in the ninth, but that was it as he notched his third save as a Brewer, and kept his ERA at 0.00 on the year.
- Oh yeah…Monday’s win brings the winning streak over the Pirates to 16 games.
- Now to the not so awesome part of the game…Bill Hall made his first ever start in left field, but it was short lived. He left the game after the top half of the second inning with hamstring cramps.
He is day-to-day.
- Besides the game, the big news of Monday was Ryan Braun’s injury. His intercostal is/was giving him problems again. He had another MRI today, but luckily that came back negative.
It was a great sight to see him not only pinch hit in the game but also stay out and play defense. Let’s hope this intercostal thing eventually disappears.
- View from Bernie’s Chalet thinks that if Braun has to spend time on the DL with his injury, Mat Gamel should be brought up to play third with Bill Hall moving to left.
I don’t think this is a terrible idea, but I personally wouldn’t be happy about it. It would be nice to use Gamel’s bat in the lineup, but he is terrible on defense.
I think the downgrade on defense at third would hurt more than playing Duffy (or someone else) in left and keeping Billy at third. Again, let’s hope this scenario just doesn’t happen.
- As most know, the Brewers starting rotation took the brunt of the Brewers' preseason negativity, but they’ve spent the last couple weeks proving those naysayers wrong.
- Miller Park Drunk basically says that Mike Cameron won’t be this good all season (which we all know), and when his inevitable slump comes, you’d best not be playa-hatin’.
- Al at Al’s Ramblings addresses the issue here.
- Former Brewer and MLB Hall of Famer Paul Molitor is enjoying his time as a roving instructor for the Minnesota Twins.
- For the second consecutive week, a Brevard County Manatee has been named the Florida State League Player/Pitcher of the Week.
Last weeks honor belongs to Evan Anundsen. He locked that up with his no-hitter last week.
- Of course Mr. Anundsen is Between the Green Pillars Prospect of the Week for last week as well.
I blame it on Tyler.
- Fox 11 did a piece on Brett Lawrie today. Check out the video here.
- Current Rattlers Brett Lawrie and Cutter Dykstra are in the running for the Fans Choice Bobblehead in 2009.
There are some fairly big names on that list, but I bet Lawrie still wins.
- Here is a neat story about Pete Gray, a minor league baseball player during World War II. Gray had his right arm amputated about the elbow as a boy, but still played many seasons including in Nashville.
Cincinnati lost to Florida 3-2 in extras.
- With the above news comes whinny Chicago journalists crying for the DH in the NL.
Grow a pair!
No real fan of the NL wants the DH.
How about not allowing sliding into first base like that moron Reed Johnson did last year?
- This news also means Zambrano will miss his scheduled start Friday against the Brewers. The Cubs will likely call up someone from their Triple-A team to starter.
- Cubs fans admit their team would still be disappointing them even if Mark DeRose and Kerry Wood were still on the team.
Perhaps you could see that you’re team isn’t as good as you think/though (just like every year), and you wouldn’t be so disappointed.
Hopefully it’s not terribly serious.
Yeah, unfortunately they’re probably right. He’ll still miss his fair share of games to injury and maybe likely a few more to suspension.
- Oh man, video of Denise Richards singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Wrigley.
This is both brutal and hilarious, and even has some Cubs fans calling for the demise of the tradition.
- Joba Chamberlain’s mother was arrested.
I’m not sure why we care.
- Former Brewers prospect Matt LaPorta hit his first Major League home run today.
- By selling Dice-K to the Red Sox, the Seibu Lions were able to fund their brand-new bathrooms that feature heated toilet seats.
Can we sell Jorge Julio and hook that up at Miller Park?
- The D-Backs apparently played hackey sack prior to this last Sunday’s game against the Brewers.
Eh…I don’t even have anything to say about that.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!