Even while the NBA Playoffs rage on, the 30 teams in the Association have been positioning themselves for the offseason. Focusing on the 2013 NBA draft and the ensuing free-agency period, each team is interested in maximizing the strength of its roster.
Although teams can't officially comment on free agents—or else they face potential tampering charges—certain franchises and free agents are already starting to be linked together. In most cases, one particular free agent has emerged as the one a team is most hotly linked to.
That said, there are seven teams who legitimately have generated no free-agent rumors whatsoever:
- Boston Celtics: The Doc Rivers/Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce distractions have prevented any rumors from surfacing.
- Miami Heat: They've had more important things to focus on. You know, like the NBA Finals.
- Orlando Magic: With the No. 2 pick in the draft looming, that's been the primary concern for general manager Rob Hennigan.
- Phoenix Suns: In this case, nothing has surfaced yet. It defies explanation, other than the fact that Phoenix isn't the most attractive destination right now.
- San Antonio Spurs: See: Heat, Miami.
- Utah Jazz: It's too tough to pick out one player since the entire roster seems to be hitting unrestricted free agency.
- Washington Wizards: The debate between Otto Porter and Anthony Bennett rages on and prevents any hot rumors from boiling over.
The other 23 teams have taken part in the rumor mill, so let's see what's been churned up.
Note: All contract information comes from Spotrac.com.