Latest Trade Deadline Rumors

Top Players on Trade Block

Getting the 2008 Data Straight

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Getting the 2008 Data Straight
After finding "type" in the pitch XML was the same as "pitch_type" on opening day, I updated my scripts to handle it - and, in the process, lost track of home runs.

Gameday fixed the issue with type, and it is now what it used to be - the pitch event, not the pitch type (e.g. B, CS, F) etc. I've re-fixed my scripts, now I'm correcting and updating the data warehouse (I load the data like everyone else, then I move into a schema that i s optimized for queries.) I'll finish this later today, after I get back from the game. I'm running back to 3/31 and reloading from there.
Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

MLB

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.