Cubs-Pirates: Chicago Prevails in the Keystone State
Today's game was full of good stuff
- Big Z almost got in Big Trouble in the first, but Soriano's throw ended the threat. Teams must learn to not run on our outfield, especially if Pie is in center.
- About Felix Pie, he has a hurt hand and will get plenty of rest. His next start should be Thursday against Matt Morris, as the Pirates will send Tom Gorzelanny and Zach Duke out on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday is an off day.
- I'm looking for something that Fukudome can't do. We know that he was an awful shortstop when he came up in Japan, but, other than that, I guess he can't roll the tarp out with the grounds crew
- Water, bananas and "some product" are what kept Zambrano going. No bananas today, just the mystery product. But he said in his post-game that he feels like a monkey now. I guess the mystery stuff is whatever William Hurt was taking in Altered States.
- OK, I was wrong to not worry about Soto's throwing this Spring. He's 0-for-7 and get extra work today. Pittsburgh has some burners, so he'll be tested
- Woody gets the day off tomorrow, Marmol (who has already gone two straight days) is set to close, if needed. Howry should be fresh (meat), too.
- Sorry, Bobby, but you are meat - for now. Let's see that turn around soon.
- Gorz and Duke are the first lefty starters the Cubs will face this year. Let's see what Lou does with the line-up
- My faith in Chicago baseball fans is coming back - I'm hearing lots of "Theriot is not a starter" on blogs, within comments, and now on the radio. One guy on the SCORE said he wouldn't start on 80% of the other teams. Bravo, bravo.
Pittsburgh tomorrow, Philadelphia on Friday. I'll be back with pitching previews for the Pittsburgh series later tonight.
I've added a weather section at the top right. For home stands, you'll get someone's personal weather station from Wrigleyville - closer to the lake than the park. Road trips I'll figure out, hopefully the same. But I don't know if there are as many fellow weather-nerds outside of Chicago.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?