Five Who Need a Turn in Order To Succeed in the WWE
In 2008 we witnessed an epic heel turn with Chris Jericho, at first he won over the fans, battling with JBL and Randy Orton, but things got tasty with a feud against Shawn Michaels.
His heel turn this won him his first World Title since returning to WWE and he may not be the only superstar this could work with.
Batista (Heel Turn)
It has been said before, Batista isn't the most loved guy on Bleacher Report, nor for that matter is he one of the most loved guys in WWE.
Sure like John Cena he gets a buzz from the crowd when his music hits and he draws cheap love from the kids in the audience.
A heel turn from Batista could lead to a feud with Triple H leading to some epic matches and potentially get him another title to add to his collection.
This is unlikely to happen as Batista will want to be a face for his retirement which is rumoured to be soon.
Ted DiBiase Jr. (Face Turn)
Now I don't really agree with this choice, because I want Legacy to continue into one of the biggest factions in WWE history but Ted Sr. has spoken out and said he will most likely be turned face for the release of his movie, The Marine 2.
I thought back to Kennedy's film and he, too, turned face around the same time.
A face turn for DiBiase could result in a feud against Orton which would sky rocket his career if he put up a fight against one of the best in the business today.
Shelton Benjamin (Face Turn)
In 2004 I said, "Next year Shelton will win a world title next year!" I said that since then until now. I couldn't get my head around it, why is he not up there.
Great wrestling, good on the mic, better than almost every wrestler he faces so why not push him?
I'm not saying heels do not get pushed but a face turn could get the crowd behind him enough to propel him to the dizzy heights of WWE.
If I were to write down a list of matches that could have headlined WM 25 with Shelton in them then I'd have to make this slide 294 pages long (scientific experiment proved that fact).
A feud with someone like Kane or the next guy could give Shelton Benjamin what he needs to show he is up there with the best.
CM Punk (Heel Turn)
Is there a chance we could see a heel CM Punk any time in the near future?
If it was up to me, then yes, absolutely. Do I think WWE is ready for a heel CM Punk? No, I don’t. I don’t see it happening any time soon. But man would that be fun.
An interview a few days ago with CM Punk, I cannot stress enough how much Punk needs this turn.
He is a good face but at Wrestlemania you can't deny the boos in the arena when he snatched that briefcase from the grasps or more deserving superstars.
Don't get me wrong Punk is a good wrestler and a hard worker but he is at a dead end, he should have his whole career in front of him but instead he finds himself in same old feuds playing the face, hated face that is.
A heel turn for CM Punk could pit him against guys like Rey Mysterio or ideally a feud against Jeff Hardy which could result in some epic matches.
John Morrison Face Turn
John Morrison has wowed me since the days of MNM when in my opinion he was better than Jeff Hardy when the two were pitted in a short rivalry but why has Jeff been put higher while JoMo is still on the middle ranks?
Simply because Jeff is massively over with the fans, now its time for Morrison.
Ideally he could get together with real-life love interest Melina and a small thought I had was...Survivor Series, John Morrison & Melina vs The Miz & Maryse.
I think that could put all four stars over massively our could do worse if the divas are given too much ring time.
John Morrison could save Melina from Kane or Umaga for example of even from the clutches of The Khali Kiss Cam in order to turn face.
Possibly a MiTB win could give him his first well deserved World Title
Just some feuds that could come from a few of the heel/face turns:
1. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy - Before CM Punk cashes in his briefcase he could feud with the face Hardy. A win or two against Jeff could show he is worthy of a real title run.
2. John Morrison vs. Kane - I can't really recall these guys in a match together so I'm not sure about the chemistry in ring but any ugly brute liking Melina could work. I teased with the thought of John Morrison vs. Edge but I wasn't sure he was ready for such high profile just yet.
3. Shelton Benjamin vs. CM Punk - I had originally planned for Shelton vs. Undertaker but that would just show Taker's dominance. If he feuds with CM Punk the title, could possibly be on the line or even sooner the briefcase could be on the line, God knows he deserves it.
4. Batista vs. HHH - Triple H comes back from injury and blames Batista for the loss of the title, 'Tista takes it personally and a bitter feud (not involving the title) we have seen it before and the two produced great matches, I think now they would be willing to take it an extra step..
5. DiBiase Jr. vs Cody Rhodes/Randy Orton - We may have already seen the foundations of this feud set on Monday night when DiBiase spoke about Orton to Rhodes behind his back, imagine this.
Orton and Rhodes come out and call out DiBiase, Orton says that Rhodes informed him of DiBiase's plans to turn on Orton, the two give him a beat down and there ya have a face.