Thursday’s Game: Brewers 4, Diamondbacks 1
Record: 12-10, Second Place
- The Brewers bats were held cold for much of the game as Max Scherzer mowed through Milwaukee’s lineup. The youngster fanned seven in a season high six innings of work. However, Jeff Suppan played the unlikely hero in Milwaukee’s win Thursday, holding the DBacks scoreless after giving up a leadoff homer. Mike Cameron’s hot streak continued with a 3-for-4 night at the plate with 2 doubles and 2 RBI.
- Al reports the Brewers and FSWisconsin have agreed to a new deal. Good news, to say the least, and it should hopefully give the front office more money to work with.
- Sounds catcher Carlos Corporan was promoted to Milwaukee to take the place of the injured Mike Rivera. Jason Kendall looks to take over Rivera’s spot in the Dave Bush battery, so Corporan probably won’t see the field much, if at all. Still, it’s a dream come true for him.
- Isthmus has a timely, not at all corny introduction to one Todd Coffey.
- BCB has some adjusted projections and expectations for Brewers position players.
- Yikes (takes step back)! Quevedo at the Buffet puts a happy face on swine flu.
- Is Nicole from Cute Sports crushing on Ken Macha? I hear wedding bells.
- Rattlers pitcher Pedro Lambertus has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for metabolites of Boldenone, a performance enhancer. Lambertus was 0-1 with a 4.91 ERA and a save in 3 2/3 frames of work. Doug Melvin is disappointed by the suspension.
- T-Rats catcher Corey Kemp is making the most of his opportunity to play. He has tuna and hot sauce to thank.
- The Tennessean has a feature on new Sounds manager (and former Brewer) Don Money.
- Major League Jerk grades the 2004 draft, giving Milwaukee’s selection of Mark Rogers an F. The grade has been earned so far due to bad luck and lofty expectations. Rogers still has time to turn it around, and I really hope he can.
- Be a member of the 2009 Huntsville Stars team card set. Or don’t… whatever.
- Baseball Daily Digest wonders what’s wrong with Derrek Lee.
- Another day, another article about Milton Bradley struggling to fit in Chicago.
- Will Roy Oswalt’s rural Mississippi eatery be a success or a steak mistake? If you like stories about bulldozers 1. Lame! Really? 2. This is the story for you.
- ‘Stros closer Jose Valverde needed to have his jacked up calf drained. He was placed on the 15-day DL after getting hurt last week.
- My 10 best hitting active pitchers. Eight of 10 have former or current ties to the NL Central.
- Former Brewers prospect Joe Bateman will reportedly become a Ray.
- Kentucky Derby Special: Baseball players who resemble horses.
- I never thought I’d see the day where “David Cone” and “jerking off” could be mentioned in the same sentence. I mean, again.
- White Sox called up Scott Podsednik. Good for him. Hopefully he can hold down a roster spot for my favorite Chicago team.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!