Juventus Summer Transfer News: Tracking Latest Rumors, Updates
Juventus secured a second successive scudetto in Serie A and enjoyed a great return to the Champions League that ended with defeat in the quarter-finals to Champions League finalists Bayern Munich.
With a formidable defence and an elite midfield, Juve know exactly where they need to strengthen this summer and that means bad news for Mirko Vucinic, Alessandro Matri, Fabio Quagliarella, Sebastian Giovinco, Nicolas Anelka and Nicklas Bendtner—these forwards collectively failed to give the Bianconeri enough in the final third.
Fernando Llorente will join the Old Lady on a free transfer from Athletic Bilbao and this will immediately upgrade Juve's attack with an added dimension. The 27-year-old will offer strength, power and an aerial presence, luxuries that Antonio Conte could rarely count on this season.
Juventini will expect plenty more additions to the squad, though, so click "Begin Slideshow" for a roundup of all the latest rumours involving Juventus transfers, and be sure to come back regularly for more updates.
LAST UPDATE: June 8
Manchester United Winger on Juve's Radar
Juventus appear to be a real contender to sign Manchester United winger Nani, who is available at a cut price due to his contract expiring in 12 months.
The Telegraph report that the Red Devils are prepared to part company with the Portuguese international for as little as £8.5 million, having spent over £20 million to bring the 26-year-old to the Premier League from Sporting Club in 2007.
Juve will face stiff competition though and Monaco appear to be keen on the player, while Galatasaray may yet rekindle their interest.
In Antonio Conte's 3-5-2 formation, Nani would probably need to contribute much more defensively than he ever has during his time at the Premier League champions, but he would also be capable of playing just offer a striker and that added pace would give the Old Lady another dimension.
Juventus Losing Hope on Higuain, Tevez and Jovetic, Turn to Zaza
Juventus appear to be losing hope on a number of high-profile strikers that they have been strongly rumoured to be interested in this summer.
The Bianconeri had been linked to Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain, Manchester City's Carlos Tevez and Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic in their pursuit to strengthen their attack, but due to the financial demands of these players' clubs, as well as competition from rival teams, the Old Lady appear to have reassessed their targets.
With the player's reluctance to sign a new deal and the fact that his current contract expires in 2014, one suspects that Samp will be keen to cash in on the player that shone at Serie B outfit Ascoli last season.
Azzurrini international Manolo Gabbiadini is thought to be one player that Juve could look to offer in exchange, with Paolo De Ceglie another player that could interest the Blucerchiati to beat off the competition from Roma, Inter and Lazio.
Pogba Insists He Is Staying, Despite Interest from Arsenal and Manchester City
Paul Pogba has moved to clarify his future and put many Juventini's minds at rest by ensuring them that he will be staying at Juventus for the time being.
The Frenchman had a wonderful debut campaign for the Bianconeri after signing from Manchester United a year ago and the Express reported that City and Arsenal were considering bids of around £17 million—which would surely be rejected out of hand.
"I'm good at Juventus, on my future I have no news, so of course I will stay at Juventus," Pogba told Le Parisien (via the Express).
Having broken into the starting lineup towards the end of the season and now being called up to the French national team, the sky is the limit for Pogba next season.
Juventus Told to Wait by Real Madrid in Pursuit of Higuain
The Bianconeri will not be able to finalise a deal for El Pipita until Los Merengues appoint their new manager, casting doubt on whether the Argentine will be sold at all.
Real Madrid are thought to want a minimum of €25 million for the centre-forward and directors from both clubs discussed the deal last weekend as both clubs fielded sides in a legends match to raise money for charity.
Vidal Asks for Coveted Number 10 Shirt
Juve's outstanding centre-midfielder Arturo Vidal is looking for added kudos to his rising stature at the Bianconeri.
According to Sky Sport Italia (via Football Italia), El Guerrero wants the shirt that was vacated by Alessandro Del Piero two seasons ago.
Currently using the number 23, Vidal has quickly proven his worth at the Old Lady with a string of outstanding displays.
Although the Chilean is not the type of player who would usually wear that particular—especially in Italy—his importance to the team would certainly merit such a privilege.
Juventus Rival Napoli for Sampdoria Starlet
Juventus continue their bid to acquire the best young talent in Italy and the Bianconeri have turned their attentions towards Simone Zaza.
With 18 goals in 34 games for Ascoli last term, it is clear that Zaza has a massive future and it will be fascinating to see where his future will lies.
Spurs Look at Juventus Youngster Gabbiadini
Juventus youngster Manolo Gabbiadini has been attracting interest from the Premier League.
The Azzurrini international has been on loan at Bologna and struggled to hold down a starting place, but his form for Italy under-21s has sensational and the promise is there for all to see.
Juventus Look to Seal Deal for Torino Centre-Back Ogbonna
Juventus appear to be on the verge of signing one of Italy's brightest young defenders.
The Bianconeri are close to acquiring Angelo Ogbonna and will look to include Ciro Immobile as a sweetener, according to Gazzetta dello Sport and Tuttosport (via Football Italia).
The Old Lady will offer €8 million and the co-ownership of one of two strikers; Immobile or Manolo Gabbiadini.
Having broken into the Italian national team, it now seems time for Ogbonna to take the step up to an elite club as he progresses in his career.
Juventus Make Move for Bologna's Alessandro Diamanti
Alessandro Diamanti could be Juve's next signing this summer after the Bianconeri made a bid for the Bologna fantasista.
Italian website Tutto Mercato Web (via Forza Italian Football) report that the Old Lady could offer €4 million and the co-ownership of one of several players.
Frederik Sorensen, Manolo Gabbiadini and Ciro Immobile are all thought to be options to complete the deal.
After a fine season for Bologna and also establishing himself with the Azzurri, Diamanti might look for a chance to make it at the very top and the 30-year-old can offer Juve something they lack, creativity and vision.
Claudio Marchisio Quashes Talk of Move Away from Juventus
Claudio Marchisio has ended speculation that he could move this summer and has reiterated his desire to continue his journey with Juventus.
Il Principino told Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport (via ESPN), "I want to stay at Juventus."
It seems like the 27-year-old star is a Juventino for life, adding "I would like to continue battling for and winning with the club in which I grew up in."
This brings an end to rumours linking Marchisio with a move to Manchester United.
Juventus Consider Move for Manchester City's Kolarov
Juventus continue their search for a natural left sided player and it seems like they have turned their attentions to Manchester City left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, according to Rome-based newspaper Corriere dello Sport (via the Express).
The Serbian is most comfortable getting on the ball and bombing forward when given the license to stretch the opposition by hugging the touchline.
With a deadly free-kick and a proven record in Serie A with Lazio, Kolarov would be a cheaper, safer option than Fabio Coentrao.
With Kolarov struggling to start consistently due to the competition of Gael Clichy, a move back to the league that first brought attention to his qualities could be the best move at this stage of his career.
Juventus Targeting Chelsea Teenager
Juventus are said to be monitoring Chelsea teenager Kyle Scott.
The 15-year-old is yet to sign professional terms for the Blues and this has alerted many of Europe's leading clubs to take a closer look at the midfielder.
Inter's Andrea Ranocchia Welcomes Juventus Move, Then Backtracks
Tuttosport claimed that the Nerazzurri defender said it would be a "great honour to be a Bianconeri," but the player's club soon looked to clarify the situation to save face.
Inter's official website released a statement from the player, who stated: "I've always said that interest from big clubs in me is nice because it shows the good work I've put in over the years at Inter, another reason why I'm proud to wear the Nerazzurri colours."
Whether Juventus look to pursue the player this transfer window is unclear, but it would seem a odd move considering how poor the centre-back has been over the last season.
Higuain Reveals His Future Lies Away from Real Madrid
Gonzalo Higuain has opened the door to a move away from Real Madrid after commenting on his future after Los Merengues' final match of the season against Osasuna.
The Argentine spoke to Reuters (via Sports Illustrated) and candidly stated: "I'm leaving Real, I have been here for seven years and I have taken my time to make this decision - it isn't a heat of the moment thing."
The player revealed that there has not been any firm interest from the Bianconeri just yet, "I know Juventus want me but there is nothing concrete. I want to go somewhere where they prove they really want me."
If the price is right, it is fair to say that Juve would definitely want Higuain and the 25-year-old could really upgrade the Old Lady's attack.
Former Juve Director Reveals Ronaldo Could Have Joined Juventus
Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi revealed some fascinating news about a failed move in 2003 for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Moggi said that the Bianconeri looked to offer Sporting Club former Juve striker Marcelo Salas and Ronaldo even took a medical in Turin.
Juventini can only imagine what might have happened had the Portuguese international come to play in Serie A, but it at least shows that Moggi was always targeting the very best talent around Europe, something that the club has continued to do after signing Paul Pogba last season.
Napoli's Juan Zuniga Another Left-Sided Option for Juve
Napoli's Juan Zuniga could be another solution to Juve's left-midfield problem.
With the Bianconeri keen to add more balance on the left side, as Kwadwo Asamoah is certainly better suited to playing through the middle, the Colombian international could be an option, according to Tuttosport (via Forza Italian Football).
The Turin-based newspaper claims a deal could be done for €7 million and that Inter Milan are also keen on the 27-year-old.
With his contract running out in 2014, the Partenopei look keen to cash in while they can still receive something for the former Siena winger.
Interest in Real Madrid Defender Fabio Coentrao Resurfaces
Juventus appear to be rekindling their interest in Real Madrid's Portuguese left-back Fabio Coentrao.
The Bianconeri were linked with the 25-year-old a few weeks ago (per the Express) and they seem to be reentering negotiations for the former Benfica star according to reports in the Italian press with Tutto Mercato Web (TMW) leading the story.
Madrid-based newspaper AS (via Football Espana) have also linked Coentrao with a move away, this time for €18 million to big-spending Monaco.
It certainly feels as if Juventus want to sign a natural left sided player this summer, which might be a little harsh on Kwadwo Asamoah, who occupied the role adequately for much of the season. However, the Ghanaian is more at home through the middle.
Juve Seek to Upgrade Defense with Sainte Etienne Star Kurt Zouma
Juventus seem to be focusing on upgrading their attack predominantly, but there are reports they are now in the market for a defender.
The 18-year-old would cost in the region of £10 million, a fee that would initially seem exorbitant, but considering the potential, it might be worth the gamble for the Old Lady.
Jovetic and Higuain Moves Gather Pace
Juventus director Beppe Marotta has been speaking to Sky Sport Italia (via ESPN) and confirmed that the Bianconeri are fans of both strikers.
On the Argentine forward, “Higuain is certainly very interesting. We’re looking to sign players who want to come to Juventus and are willing to leave their club.”
While Marotta continued when questioned on the Montenegrin international, "We hear a lot about Jovetic playing in black and white, but he remains a Fiorentina player and we respect that. I must admit, though, that he is a great player."
It goes to show the intent that Juventus have to upgrade their attack, which misfired to an extent this season. With Fernando Llorente already signed up, Antonio Conte could have a wealth of options at his disposal for next season.
Thursday's press in Italy appear to believe that Higuain is further down the line than Jovetic.
Gazzetta dello Sport's front page said, "Higuain says yes to Juve."
Corriere dello Sport's front page said, "Juve-Higuain, there's an agreement."
One of Jojo's new team mates, should he join the Bianconeri, is his international colleague Mirko Vucinic.
Vucinic told the Daily Mirror (via Football Italia), "it would be an excellent move for him and us."
Stephan Lichtsteiner Heading for Juventus Exit?
Stephan Lichtsteiner has been rumoured to be heading for the exit at the Juventus Stadium.
The Swiss international has been a success for the Bianconeri, but Conte decided to start Mauricio Isla in each of Juve's last three matches, and had the Chilean stayed healthy more often, Lichtsteiner might have found himself on the bench more often.
It is a loss that the Bianconeri could absorb considering the newfound health of Isla and the versatility of Simone Padoin. With Juve looking to be more successful financially, a fee for Lichtsteiner might be useful to invest in other areas.
Man City's Carlos Tevez More Realistic Than Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain
Juventus appear to be getting cold feet in their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain, and Juve's sporting director Beppe Marotta has hinted that Carlos Tevez might be a more realistic signing than the Real Madrid forward.
Marotta revealed candidly to Sky Italia (via ESPN) that Tevez could be easier as "he is older and has just one year of his contract left."
The City striker could be a casualty as a result of Roberto Mancini's sacking, who enjoyed a love-hate relationship with the former Boca Juniors striker.
Stevan Jovetic and Alexis Sanchez Also Considered to Upgrade Attack
Juve appear to mean business this summer regarding upgrading their front line, and it is a scary prospect when you consider that the Old Lady will probably not be satisfied with just Fernando Llorente to upgrade the strike force.
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport has reported that Fiorentina star Stevan Jovetic and Barcelona's Alexis Sanchez are next on the Bianconeri's radar once they have wrapped up a deal for Real Madrid's Argentine international Gonzalo Higuain.
It seems somewhat far-fetched that Juve could snap up all three, along with the arrival of Llorente, but none of the Bianconeri strikers from last season can say with any assurance that they will remain at Juventus this summer.
A complete overhaul in attack is the main area of focus as Juve prepare their assault on the summer transfer window.