The title of this story says it all. I will be counting down the top 10 submission holds of all time.
The criteria used to select this list includes who used the submission, how painful the submission is and how iconic the hold is in the history of professional wrestling.
This was a difficult list to whittle down to 10, and I feel bad for excluding a few that many could argue should be on this list. For these holds I am giving a quick shout-out in the honorable mentions listed below.
- The Sleeper Hold—used by Dolph Ziggler, Roddy Piper and Brutus the Barber Beefcake
- Anaconda Vice—used by CM Punk
- Full Nelson—used by Chris Masters
- Cross Face Chicken Wing—used by Bob Backlund
- Hell’s Gate—used by The Undertaker
So, without further ado, here are the top 10 submission holds of all time.