The Cleveland Browns entered the 2013 draft with everybody guessing.
By Saturday evening, as the rafters came down and staging areas were disassembled in Radio City Music Hall, they left all the draftniks and media big fish lukewarm, at best.
Browns CEO Joe Banner, GM Michael Lombardi, coach Rob Chudzinski and director of player personnel Ray Farmer combined to form the team's drafting committee.
Each draft decision, Banner promised, would be a consensus.
Here's a look at the Browns' 2013 draft haul:
- R1: Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
- R2: Josh Gordon, WR, Baylor (2012 Supplemental pick)
- R3: Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State University
- R4: Switch picks with Miami for WR Davone Bess, trade with Pittsburgh for 2014 third-round pick
- R5: Switch picks with Miami, trade with Indianapolis for 2014 fourth-round pick
- R6: Jamoris Slaughter, Safety, Notre Dame
- R7: Armonty Bryant, DE, East Central (Oklahoma)
- R7: Garrett Gilkey, OL, Chadron State
Let's take a look at what some outsiders had to say about those decisions: