Brandon McGee: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Miami CB
Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images
Miami cornerback Brandon McGee was at one point in high school considered the top cornerback prospect in the state of Florida. After spending two years as a reserve for the Hurricanes, McGee earned a starting job in his junior season and made 24 starts in his career in Miami.
After turning in a pretty good showing at the NFL combine to go with a nice showing at the Shrine Game, McGee hopes he has put the inconsistent play of his senior year behind him and earn a mid-to-late round selection in this month's draft.
Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
Full Name: Brandon McGee
Hometown: Plantation, FL
High School: Plantation HS
Major: Sports Administration
Rob Carr/Getty Images
Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Arm Length: 32"
Hand Size: 9 1/8"
40-yard Dash: 4.40
Bench Press: 14
Vertical Jump: 33.5"
Broad Jump: 119"
3-cone Drill: 6.71
20-yard Shuttle: 4.18
Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
- The Plantation, FL native was a high school All-American who played quarterback as a junior before switching to cornerback and wide receiver as a senior.
- Was rated the 10th best cornerback in the nation by Rivals.com
- Played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Was awarded the 2012 Captain's Award and the 2012 Plumer Award for Leadership, Motivation, and Spirit
Observation from around the web
- McGee's Twitter ID is: @B_McGee21
- Former Hurricane teammate Mike James and McGee are close friends who share the unique bond of both having lost their mothers while they were teenagers.
- According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, both McGee and James will be late-round selections, and likely the only Hurricanes taken in the draft.