On an evening when the Bears mustered only 29.4 percent from the floor, Tulsa easily got past Missouri State 61-42. The Golden Hurricane were led by Shaquille Harrison, who put up 10 points and seven rebounds. D`Andre Wright scored seven points and added six rebounds. Drew Wilson registered a double-double for the Bears with a team-high 11 points and 11 rebounds. Tulsa (5-3, 0-0 C-USA) takes on TCU (6-3, 0-0 Big 12) on Saturday, Dec. 8 on their home court.
Tulsa Game Notes
- The last time Tulsa started the season 5-3 was 1996.
- Tulsa beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Golden Hurricane have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Hurricane have won every game this season (4-0) after recording nine or more steals.
- Tulsa has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- Tulsa set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- The Golden Hurricane have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Shaquille Harrison has led the team in rebounding in three out of eight games this season.
Missouri State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bears losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Drew Wilson and Marcus Marshall) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- Drew Wilson accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Drew Wilson has led the team in rebounding four times in eight games this season.
- Drew Wilson recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Drew Wilson recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Keith Pickens.