On Thursday, Nov. 15, St. John's got a road victory against College of Charleston 64-53. The Red Storm got the win with a game-high 21 points and four rebounds from D`Angelo Harrison. JaKarr Sampson had eight points and added 10 rebounds. For the Cougars, Anthony Thomas finished with seven points and 11 rebounds. Next up for St. John's (2-0, 0-0 Big East) is Murray State (1-0, 0-0 OVC) on Friday, Nov. 16 on the road.
St. John's Game Notes
- St. John's started 2-0 during the 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- SJU beat the spread by 15 points.
- D`Angelo Harrison accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (JaKarr Sampson and Christian Jones) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- D`Angelo Harrison had a career high with nine field goals made.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Thomas and Adjehi Baru) accounted for 47.3 percent of the rebounds.