On Tuesday, Nov. 13, Arkansas State blew out Arkansas-Monticello 76-47. It was all Arkansas State from the beginning and they led 41-22 at the half. Brandon Peterson got 12 points and 15 rebounds for the Red Wolves, earning a double-double. Trey Finn had a game-high 15 points and added five rebounds. For the Weevils, A.J. Calhoun finished with eight points and seven rebounds. Arkansas State (1-1, 0-0 Sun Belt) takes on Tennessee-Martin (0-2, 0-0 OVC) on Friday, Nov. 16 on the road.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:05 left to go.
- Arkansas State started 1-1 during the 2008, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Peterson recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and 10th of his career.
- Brandon Peterson had a career high with 15 rebounds.
- Trey Finn had a career high with a 86 percent field goal percentage.
Arkansas-Monticello Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (A.J. Calhoun and Kori Forge) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.