Florida Atlantic was blown out by Mississippi State 78-58 on Tuesday, Nov. 13. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Mississippi State up 43-26. The Owls got a game-high 17 points and four rebounds from Greg Gantt. Jordan McCoy scored five points and added six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Fred Thomas got 16 points and four rebounds. Florida Atlantic (0-2, 0-0 Sun Belt) gets Coppin State (0-2, 0-0 MEAC) on their home court on Saturday, Nov. 17.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:24 left to go.
- Florida Atlantic started 0-2 during the 2011, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2000, 1999, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The top two scorers (Greg Gantt and Cavon Baker) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Roquez Johnson and Fred Thomas) accounted for 42.3 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (17).
- The bench recorded more points (40) than the starters (38).