Florida Atlantic 58
(0-2, 0-2 away)
Mississippi State 78
(1-1, 1-0 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, November 13, 2012
||G Gantt 17
||D Sekelja 9
||D Sekelja 2
||R Johnson 17
||G Ware 5
||T Bloodman 7
On Tuesday, Nov. 13, Mississippi State easily beat Florida Atlantic 78-58. Everything went right for Mississippi State in this one, as they led 43-26 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. Fred Thomas paced the Bulldogs and put up 16 points and four rebounds. Trivante Bloodman had nine points and added seven assists. Greg Gantt got a game-high 17 points and four rebounds for the Owls. Next up for Mississippi State (1-1, 0-0 SEC) is ninth-ranked North Carolina (2-0, 0-0 ACC) on Monday, Nov. 19 on the road.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:24 left to go.
- Mississippi State started 1-1 during the 2011, 2009, 2007, 2002, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- MState beat the spread by 14 points.
- The top two scorers (Roquez Johnson and Fred Thomas) accounted for 42.3 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (17).
- The bench recorded more points (40) than the starters (38).
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, FAU has been on the losing end of 15 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Greg Gantt and Cavon Baker) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.