South Dakota State knocked off Tennessee State 78-71 on Tuesday, Nov. 13. The Jackrabbits got the win with a team-high 22 points and nine assists from Nate Wolters. Jordan Dykstra also had a good game, scoring 18 points and adding eight rebounds. Robert Covington registered a double-double for the Tigers on a game-high 23 points and 11 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). South Dakota State (1-1, 0-0 Summit League) gets Hofstra (0-2, 0-0 CAA) on the road on Friday, Nov. 16.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- South Dakota State started 1-1 during the 2011, 2008, 2007, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The top two scorers (Nate Wolters and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 51.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Fiegen and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- Robert Covington accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- Robert Covington accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Patrick Miller recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Patrick Miller set a career high with 10 assists.
- Robert Covington recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and 20th of his career.