Michigan vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|Michigan||T Burke 18.5||M McGary 6.3||T Burke 6.8|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.9||G Dieng 9.4||P Siva 5.7|
No. 1-seeded Louisville takes on No. 4-seeded Michigan in the championship game of the NCAA Tournament at Georgia Dome on Monday. It gets started at 9:23 p.m. ET and it can be seen on CBS.
In a 72-68 triumph over Wichita State on Apr. 6, Russ Smith put up 21 points for the Cardinals. With 18.9 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Wolverines, Mitch McGary finished with 10 points and 12 rebounds in the 61-56 win over Syracuse on Apr. 6. With 6.3 rebounds per game and 0.7 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for rebounds, free throws made, three-pointers, assists, steals, and blocks are in the Big East.
- Louisville has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Michigan this season (13 vs. 11).
- Louisville players are more experienced than Michigan players (17,567 minutes played vs. 14,377 minutes played).
- Louisville has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (74.4 percent to 59.5 percent).
- Louisville has more wins over the last 5 years than Michigan (166 vs. 121).
- Peyton Siva is ranked 14th nationally in assists and 10th nationally in steals.
- The Big East has 2 teams - Notre Dame (16.8) and Pittsburgh (16.3) - that average more assists per game than the Big Ten leader, Iowa (15.1).
- The Big East has 3 teams - Louisville (10.9), Syracuse (9.1), and DePaul (8.3) - that create more steals per game than the Big Ten leader, Michigan State (8.0).
- Russ Smith is ranked 10th nationally in points and 12th nationally in steals.
- The Louisville rebounding leader (Gorgui Dieng, 296 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Michigan rebounding leader (Mitch McGary, 228 rebounds).
- Louisville has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Michigan (nine vs. three).
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||11||5||1||1||0||1|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||15||5||2||1||1||2|
|C||S. Van Treese||11||2||3||0||0||0||0|