On Saturday, Apr. 6, No. 4-seeded Michigan took on No. 4-seeded Syracuse and got a victory over the Orange 61-56 in the Final Four. Mitch McGary earned a double-double for the Wolverines with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr also had a strong showing, scoring a team-high 13 points and adding six rebounds. C.J. Fair finished with a game-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Orange. This makes five wins in a row for the Wolverines. Syracuse wraps up the season with a 30-10 record. The Orange got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Louisville 78-61 in the Big East Tournament In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Big East with an 11-7 conference record. In making the Final Four, Syracuse topped No. 13-seeded Montana 81-34 in the second round and No. 12-seeded California 66-60 in the third round. The Orange also got through No. 1-seeded Indiana 61-50 in the Sweet Sixteen and No. 3-seeded Marquette 55-39 in the Elite Eight.
Michigan Game Notes
- The win over Syracuse extended the Michigan winning streak to five games.
- Michigan beat the spread by three points. That makes the 20th time this season the Wolverines have beaten the spread.
- The Wolverines have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Michigan is 29-23 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Michigan played 60 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 18-42.
- The Wolverines have won every game this season (14-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Michigan has won 81 percent of the time this season (17-4) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Michigan has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- Michigan has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Michigan has won 95 percent of the time (21-1) when Glenn Robinson III has 10 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Tim Hardaway Jr plays 39 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Mitch McGary has four field goals made or more.
- The Wolverines have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Mitch McGary accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has led the team in scoring in nine out of 38 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 38 games this season.
- Mitch McGary recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mitch McGary has five straight double-digit point games.
- Mitch McGary recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The Orange have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Syracuse is 31-17 in close games.
- C.J. Fair accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring 16 times in 40 games this season.
- Jerami Grant has led the team in rebounding seven times in 40 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Brandon Triche.
- Brandon Triche set a career high with eight assists.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of C.J. Fair's career.
- C.J. Fair has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair set a career high with nine field goals made.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Michael Carter-Williams.