On Saturday, Apr. 6, No. 4-seeded Syracuse was defeated by No. 4-seeded Michigan 61-56 in the Final Four. C.J. Fair put up a game-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Orange. Brandon Triche had 11 points and added eight assists. Mitch McGary registered a double-double for the Wolverines with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Syracuse closes out the season with a 30-10 record. The Orange got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Louisville 78-61 in the Big East Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Big East with an 11-7 record in conference play. In making the Final Four, Syracuse defeated No. 13-seeded Montana 81-34 in the second round and No. 12-seeded California 66-60 in the third round. The Orange also made it past No. 1-seeded Indiana 61-50 in the Sweet Sixteen and No. 3-seeded Marquette 55-39 in the Elite Eight.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The Orange have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Syracuse is 31-17 in close games.
- Prior to this game, SU played 64 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 38-26.
- The Orange have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Syracuse has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- C.J. Fair accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 40 games this season.
- Jerami Grant has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 40 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Brandon Triche.
- Brandon Triche had a career high with eight assists.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of C.J. Fair's career.
- C.J. Fair has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair had a career high with nine field goals made.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Michael Carter-Williams.
Michigan Game Notes
- The Wolverines won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Michigan is 29-23 in close games.
- Mitch McGary accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has led the team in scoring nine times in 38 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 38 games this season.
- Mitch McGary recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mitch McGary has five straight double-digit point games.
- Mitch McGary recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.