UFC 158: Nick Diaz's Camp Says He Was Tested, Asks for Drug Test Documents

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
UFC 158: Nick Diaz's Camp Says He Was Tested, Asks for Drug Test Documents
Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports

Even with a clean drug test for UFC 158, Nick Diaz and his camp still aren't happy with the Quebec Boxing Commission.

As reported on Thursday by Bleacher Report MMA, six fighters from the event each turned in negative drug tests for banned and illegal substances, but the commission did not release the names of the individuals in the results.

That didn't escape the notice of welterweight contender Diaz and his camp.

Jonathan Tweedale, a representative of Diaz, confirmed with MMA Weekly that the Stocktonian was indeed one of the fighters tested for drugs—but they want the following details:

1) A copy of the [Quebec commission]'s request to the laboratory specifying which substances the lab was asked to test the sample for (if any).

2) A copy of any documents received from the lab conducting the drug testing showing the precise test results for Mr. Diaz for all substances the sample was actually tested for.

Diaz and his camp have also been at odds with the Quebec Boxing Commission for the past few weeks regarding unusual circumstances regarding Diaz's recent title fight against welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

In addition to their latest request for transparency on the UFC 158 drug tests, Diaz's camp has also accused the UFC and the RACJ of conspiring to protect GSPDiaz even claimed that St-Pierre had been using "plenty of steroids" in his MMA career with the UFC's consent.

What are the UFC and QBC hiding?

Submit Vote vote to see results

To make matters more suspicious, the Diaz camp also recorded a candid video of UFC legal affairs vice president Michael Mersch telling them "off the record" that the commission would unofficially allow a 0.9-pound safety net during the weigh-ins for Diaz and St-Pierre (via MiddleEasy).

Although Diaz's camp and several outlets have attempted to post the video on YouTube, the UFC has repeatedly filed copyright claims to have them taken down.

Circumstances like that—in addition to an extremely one-sided unanimous decision loss to the champion—led Diaz to state in his post-fight interview that he was "done with mixed martial arts" and intended to retire.

That stance was reconfirmed during a recent episode of UFC Tonight, where host Ariel Helwani replayed that Diaz is maintaining his retirement status unless he's offered a rematch with GSP or a superfight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

 


McKinley Noble is an MMA conspiracy theorist. His work has appeared in NVisionPC World, MacworldGamePro1UP, MMA Mania & The L.A. Times.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

MMA

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.