|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 15.2||A White 6.2||R Devyn Marble 3.0|
|Baylor||P Jackson 19.9||I Austin 8.3||P Jackson 7.0|
No. 3-seeded Iowa squares off against No. 2-seeded Baylor in the championship game of the NIT at Madison Square Garden on Thursday. The game gets underway at 9 p.m. ET and you can see it on ESPN. The Hawkeyes have not played the Bears since the 1983-84 season, when they won 67-44.
The 21 points and nine rebounds by Roy Devyn Marble helped the Hawkeyes to a 71-60 victory over Maryland on Apr. 2. He paces the team in points per game with 15.2, and assists per game with 3.0. For the Bears, Pierre Jackson finished with 24 points and five rebounds in the 76-70 win over Brigham Young on Apr. 2. He leads the team in points with 19.9 per game and assists with 7.0 per game. Baylor ranks first in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.3, which also places them 37th in the country.
- The Big Ten performed much better in non-conference close games than the Big 12 (70.8 percent vs. 48.3 percent).
- Last year the Big Ten had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the Big 12.
- The Big Ten has had one more Final Four team than the Big 12 over the past 5 years.
- The Big Ten has a conference RPI that is better than the Big 12 (No. 2 vs. No. 5).
- Since 1998, Iowa has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Baylor (eight vs. seven).
- The Big Ten has 2 teams - Indiana (48.8 percent) and Michigan (48.7 percent) - that shoot a better field goal percentage than the Big 12 leader, Kansas (47.3 percent).
- Iowa has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Baylor this season (four vs. two).
- The Big Ten has a much better average team RPI than the Big 12 (64 vs. 89).
- The Big Ten has a stronger schedule this year compared to the Big 12 (No. 1 vs. No. 5).
- The worst team in the Big Ten has a much higher RPI than the worst team in the Big 12 (No. 179 vs. No. 234).
- Iowa is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa is 208 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Baylor.