No. 2-seeded Maryland forced only eight turnovers and was defeated by No. 3-seeded Iowa 71-60 in the semifinals of the NIT on Tuesday, Apr. 2. Alex Len put up a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort. Dezmine Wells got nine points and added four rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Roy Devyn Marble finished with a game-high 21 points and nine rebounds. Maryland closes out the season with a 25-13 record. In the regular season, they finished seventh in the ACC with an 8-10 record in conference play. In making the semifinals, Maryland topped No. 7-seeded Niagara 86-70 in the first round, No. 3-seeded Denver 62-52 in the second round, and then No. 1-seeded Alabama 58-57 in the quarterfinals.
Maryland Game Notes
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Maryland has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Maryland has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Terrapins set a season high for blocks (10).
- The Terrapins have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Alex Len recorded a team season high in blocks with six.
- The top two scorers (Alex Len and Nick Faust) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Len and Jake Layman) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Len has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 22 times in 38 games this season.
- Alex Len had a career high with six blocks.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dezmine Wells.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Eric May) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Roy Devyn Marble and Aaron White) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding four times in 37 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble has four straight 20+ point games.
- Roy Devyn Marble set a career high with nine rebounds.