(25-12, 3-8 away)
(25-13, 18-3 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
9:40PM ET / 6:40PM PT, April 02, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 21
||R Devyn Marble 9
||E May 5
||A Len 16
||A Len 9
||P Howard 4
On Tuesday, Apr. 2, Iowa turned the ball over just eight times and beat the Terrapins 71-60 in the semifinals of the NIT. The Hawkeyes got the win with a game-high 21 points and nine rebounds from Roy Devyn Marble. Eric May had 12 points and added five assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). Alex Len got a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds for the Terrapins. Maryland wraps up the season with a 25-13 record. In the regular season, they finished seventh in the ACC with an 8-10 conference record. In making the semifinals, Maryland outplayed No. 7-seeded Niagara 86-70 in the first round, No. 3-seeded Denver 62-52 in the second round, and then No. 1-seeded Alabama 58-57 in the quarterfinals.
Iowa Game Notes
- The win over Maryland extended the Iowa winning streak to four games.
- Iowa beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 22nd time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- The Hawkeyes have won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) after recording 71 or more total points.
- Iowa has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Iowa has won 78 percent of the time this season (14-4) when its three-point percentage has been 33.3 percent or better.
- Iowa has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Iowa has won 100 percent of the time (10-0) when Roy Devyn Marble has 21 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Aaron White has eight free throws made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Eric May has five assists or more.
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- Iowa has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Eric May) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Roy Devyn Marble and Aaron White) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 4 times in 37 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble has four straight 20+ point games.
- Roy Devyn Marble had a career high with nine rebounds.
Maryland Game Notes
- Alex Len recorded a team season high in blocks with six.
- The top two scorers (Alex Len and Nick Faust) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Len and Jake Layman) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Len has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 22 times in 38 games this season.
- Alex Len set a career high with six blocks.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dezmine Wells.