(6) Duke 63
(30-6, 5-4 away)
(2) Louisville 85
(33-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium
5:05PM ET / 2:05PM PT, March 31, 2013
||M Plumlee 17
||M Plumlee 12
||Q Cook 5
||R Smith 23
||G Dieng 11
||P Siva 4
On Sunday, Mar. 31, No. 1-seeded Louisville took on No. 2-seeded Duke and pounded the Blue Devils 85-63 in the Elite Eight. With the win, the Cardinals even up the season series against Duke at 1-1. Gorgui Dieng earned a double-double in the win including 14 points and 11 rebounds. Peyton Siva had 16 points and added four assists. Mason Plumlee got a double-double for the Blue Devils on a team-high 17 points and 12 rebounds. Duke wraps up the season with a 30-6 record. The Blue Devils got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Maryland 83-74 in the ACC Tournament In the regular season, they finished second in the ACC with a 14-4 conference record. In making the Elite Eight, Duke got the best of No. 15-seeded Albany 73-61 in the second round, No. 7-seeded Creighton 66-50 in the third round, and then No. 3-seeded Michigan State 71-61 in the Sweet Sixteen. Louisville (33-5, 14-4 Big East) plays No. 9-seeded Wichita State (30-8, 12-6 Missouri Valley) in the Final Four on Saturday, Apr. 6.
Louisville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:42 left to go.
- The last time Lville started the season 33-5 was 2004.
- The win over Duke extended the Louisville winning streak to 14 games.
- Lville beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 23rd time this season the Cardinals have beaten the spread.
- This was the 14th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Lville has been on the winning end of 58 blowout games.
- Prior to this game, Lville played 58 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 35-23.
- Louisville has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.7 percent or better.
- Louisville has won every game this season (4-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- The Cardinals have won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- Lville has won every game this season (16-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.5 percent field goal percentage.
- Lville has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Louisville has won 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Russ Smith has 23 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Peyton Siva plays 33 minutes or more, and 94 percent of the time (15-1) when Chane Behanan has four field goals made or more.
- The Cardinals set a season high for blocks (nine).
- Lville set season lows for three-pointers (two) and three-point percentage (15.4).
- The Cardinals have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Russ Smith and Peyton Siva) accounted for 45.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gorgui Dieng and Chane Behanan) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring in 25 out of 38 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 38 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
- Russ Smith has four straight 20+ point games.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 33rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Gorgui Dieng.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 22nd of his career.
Duke Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Duke has been on the losing end of five blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Mason Plumlee and Quinn Cook) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 30 times in 36 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 49th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 18th this season and 36th of his career.
- Seth Curry has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Rasheed Sulaimon.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Tyler Thornton.
|C||S. Van Treese||15||2||3||0||0||0||1|