|Syracuse||C Fair 14.3||C Fair 6.9||M Carter-Williams 7.4|
|Michigan||T Burke 18.8||M McGary 6.2||T Burke 6.8|
No. 4-seeded Michigan battles No. 4-seeded Syracuse in the final four of the NCAA Tournament at Georgia Dome on Saturday. Tipoff is at 8:49 p.m. ET and it can be seen on CBS. The Wolverines last played the Orange on Nov. 26, 2010 and lost 53-50.
In a 79-59 beatdown of Florida on Mar. 31, Nik Stauskas put up 22 points for the Wolverines. While contributing 3.1 rebounds per game, he also scores 11.5 points per game. For the Orange, Michael Carter-Williams finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds in the 55-39 win over Marquette on Mar. 30. With 7.4 assists per game and 2.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Syracuse is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0. This is good enough for second in the conference and ninth in the nation.
- Michigan is a better shooting team (48.5 percent vs. 44.0 percent) than Syracuse this season.
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for points and field goals made are in the Big Ten.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Michigan is superior to Syracuse (Latest AP Poll: No. 10 vs. No. 16).
- Last year the Big Ten had fewer blowout games in conference (meaning there is greater parity within the conference) than in the Big East.
- Michigan is ranked higher than Syracuse in their conference (No. 4 vs. No. 5).
- Michigan has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Syracuse (No. 24 vs. No. 45).
- The Michigan scoring leader (Trey Burke, 696 points) has more points than the Syracuse scoring leader (C.J. Fair, 557 points).
- The worst team in the Big Ten has a higher RPI than the worst team in the Big East (No. 174 vs. No. 202).
- Michigan is a better three-point shooting team (38.5 percent vs. 33.7 percent) than Syracuse this season.
- Michigan has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Syracuse this season (11 vs. eight).
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||11||5||1||1||0||1|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||15||5||2||1||1||2|