Syracuse vs. Michigan: Full Game Preview
|Syracuse||C Fair 14.3||C Fair 6.9||M Carter-Williams 7.4|
|Michigan||T Burke 18.8||M McGary 6.2||T Burke 6.8|
No. 4-seeded Syracuse takes on No. 4-seeded Michigan in the final four of the NCAA Tournament at Georgia Dome on Saturday. It gets started at 8:49 p.m. ET and you can see it on CBS. The Orange last played the Wolverines on Nov. 26, 2010 and won 53-50.
The Orange got past Marquette 55-39 on Mar. 30 with the help of 16 points from James Southerland. While contributing 5.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.5 points per game. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke finished with 15 points and eight rebounds in the 79-59 blowout of Florida on Mar. 31. He puts up a team-leading 18.8 points per game, 6.8 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Michigan is strong in the following categories: turnover percentage at 14.4 and effective field goal percentage at 55.0.
- The Big East has had 26 more NBA Draft picks than the Big Ten over the past 10 years.
- The Big East has 3 teams - Louisville (10.7), Syracuse (9.1), and DePaul (8.3) - that create more steals per game than the Big Ten leader, Michigan State (8.2).
- Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than Michigan (164 vs. 116).
- The Big East has had three more NCAA Tournament Championships than the Big Ten over the past 10 years.
- The Syracuse assist leader (Michael Carter-Williams, 249 assists) has more assists than the Michigan assist leader (Trey Burke, 212 assists).
- Syracuse is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Syracuse is 210 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Michigan.
- Syracuse is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Syracuse is 79.1 inches compared to 77.0 inches for Michigan.
- Syracuse players are more experienced than Michigan players (13,497 minutes played vs. 13,152 minutes played).
- The Big East has 2 teams - Notre Dame (17.3) and Pittsburgh (16.7) - that average more assists per game than the Big Ten leader, Iowa (15.3).
- Syracuse has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Michigan (16 vs. two).
- Over the past 10 years, Syracuse has had more players drafted by the NBA than Michigan (10 vs. two).
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||11||5||1||1||0||1|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||15||5||2||1||1||2|