Florida Gulf Coast 50
(26-11, 6-9 away)
(14) Florida 62
(29-7, 15-0 home)
Venue: Cowboys Stadium
9:57PM ET / 6:57PM PT, March 29, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
|Florida Gulf Coast
||S Brown 14
||S Brown 6
||B Comer 7
||M Rosario 15
||M Rosario 5
||S Wilbekin 3
On Friday, Mar. 29, No. 15-seeded Florida Gulf Coast was defeated by No. 3-seeded Florida 62-50 in the Sweet Sixteen. Sherwood Brown put up a team-high 14 points and six rebounds in the loss. Chase Fieler got 12 points and added six rebounds. Mike Rosario finished with a game-high 15 points and five rebounds for the Gators. Florida Gulf Coast closes out the season with a 26-11 record. The Eagles got to the NCAA Tournament as the Atlantic Sun champion after beating Mercer 88-75 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Atlantic Sun with a 13-5 record in conference play. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Florida Gulf Coast defeated No. 2-seeded Georgetown 78-68 in the second round and then No. 7-seeded San Diego State 81-71 in the third round.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- FGCU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 6th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, FGCU played eight Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-7.
- Florida Gulf Coast has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after committing 20 or more turnovers.
- FGCU set season lows for free throws made (six) and total points (50).
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Sherwood Brown and Chase Fieler) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Fieler and Sherwood Brown) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 37 games this season.
- Chase Fieler has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 37 games this season.
- Sherwood Brown has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Bernard Thompson.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Scottie Wilbekin) accounted for 45.1 percent of the points.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring 16 times in 36 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 36 games this season.
- Scottie Wilbekin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Will Yeguete set a career high with four steals.
|C||M. Frazier II||13||6||1||0||0||0||1|