Florida Gulf Coast 50
(26-11, 6-9 away)
(14) Florida 62
(29-7, 15-0 home)
Venue: Cowboys Stadium
9:57PM ET / 6:57PM PT, March 29, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
|Florida Gulf Coast
||S Brown 14
||S Brown 6
||B Comer 7
||M Rosario 15
||M Rosario 5
||S Wilbekin 3
On Friday, Mar. 29, No. 3-seeded Florida got a major victory against No. 15-seeded Florida Gulf Coast 62-50 in the Sweet Sixteen. Mike Rosario led the Gators and put up a game-high 15 points and five rebounds. Casey Prather scored 11 points and added four rebounds. Sherwood Brown got a team-high 14 points and six rebounds for the Eagles. Florida Gulf Coast wraps up the season with a 26-11 record. The Eagles got to the NCAA Tournament as the Atlantic Sun champion after beating Mercer 88-75 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Atlantic Sun with a 13-5 conference record. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Florida Gulf Coast outplayed No. 2-seeded Georgetown 78-68 in the second round and then No. 7-seeded San Diego State 81-71 in the third round.
Florida Game Notes
- The last time UF started the season 29-7 was 2010.
- The win over Florida Gulf Coast extended the Florida winning streak to three games.
- The Gators have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 14 or more free throws made.
- Florida has won 88 percent of the time this season (15-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- UF has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- This season Florida has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Mike Rosario has 15 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Casey Prather has four field goals made or more, and 92 percent of the time (22-2) when Patric Young has five rebounds or more.
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Scottie Wilbekin) accounted for 45.1 percent of the points.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 36 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 36 games this season.
- Scottie Wilbekin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Will Yeguete had a career high with four steals.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sherwood Brown and Chase Fieler) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Fieler and Sherwood Brown) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in scoring 16 times in 37 games this season.
- Chase Fieler has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 37 games this season.
- Sherwood Brown has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Bernard Thompson.
|C||M. Frazier II||13||6||1||0||0||0||1|