(25) Oregon 69
(28-9, 6-5 away)
(2) Louisville 77
(32-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 29, 2013
||E Singler 15
||A Kazemi 12
||J Loyd 4
||R Smith 31
||G Dieng 9
||R Smith 3
On Friday, Mar. 29, No. 12-seeded Oregon was knocked off by No. 1-seeded Louisville 77-69 in the Sweet Sixteen. Arsalan Kazemi picked up a double-double for the Ducks with 11 points and 12 rebounds. E.J. Singler had a team-high 15 points and added six rebounds. For the Cardinals, Russ Smith got a game-high 31 points and three assists. Oregon closes out the season with a 28-9 record. The Ducks got to the NCAA Tournament as the Pac-12 champion after beating UCLA 78-69 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Pac-12 with a 12-6 record in conference play. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Oregon overcame No. 5-seeded Oklahoma State 68-55 in the second round and then No. 4-seeded Saint Louis 74-57 in the third round.
Oregon Game Notes
- Oregon beat the spread by two points. That makes the 16th time this season the Ducks have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Oregon played 28 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 11-17.
- The Ducks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- E.J. Singler has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 37 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 37 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 67th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi has grabbed double-digit rebounds in three straight games.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 56th of his career.
- Damyean Dotson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory has five straight double-digit point games.
Louisville Game Notes
- Russ Smith accounted for 40.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gorgui Dieng and Montrezl Harrell) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 24 times in 37 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 37 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
- Russ Smith has three straight 20+ point games.
- Russ Smith set a career high with 31 points.
|-||S. Van Treese||6||0||0||0||0||0||0|