(25) Oregon 69
(28-9, 6-5 away)
(2) Louisville 77
(32-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 29, 2013
||E Singler 15
||A Kazemi 12
||J Loyd 4
||R Smith 31
||G Dieng 9
||R Smith 3
No. 1-seeded Louisville got a major win against No. 12-seeded Oregon 77-69 in the Sweet Sixteen on Friday, Mar. 29. Russ Smith had a big game for the Cardinals and got a game-high 31 points and three assists. Gorgui Dieng also had a strong showing, scoring 10 points and adding nine rebounds. Arsalan Kazemi registered a double-double for the Ducks on 11 points and 12 rebounds. Oregon wraps up the season with a 28-9 record. The Ducks got to the NCAA Tournament as the Pac-12 champion after beating UCLA 78-69 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Pac-12 with a 12-6 conference record. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Oregon took down No. 5-seeded Oklahoma State 68-55 in the second round and then No. 4-seeded Saint Louis 74-57 in the third round.
Louisville Game Notes
- The win over Oregon extended the Louisville winning streak to 13 games.
- Prior to this game, Lville played 57 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 34-23.
- Louisville has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.8 percent or better.
- The Cardinals have won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Louisville has won 79 percent of the time this season (15-4) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Lville has won 95 percent of the time this season (18-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Louisville has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Gorgui Dieng has 10 points or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Russ Smith plays 34 minutes or more.
- The Cardinals have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Russ Smith accounted for 40.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gorgui Dieng and Montrezl Harrell) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 37 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 37 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
- Russ Smith has three straight 20+ point games.
- Russ Smith had a career high with 31 points.
Oregon Game Notes
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- E.J. Singler has led the team in scoring 10 times in 37 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 37 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 67th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi has grabbed double-digit rebounds in three straight games.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 56th of his career.
- Damyean Dotson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory has five straight double-digit point games.
|-||S. Van Treese||6||0||0||0||0||0||0|