|Syracuse||C Fair 14.3||C Fair 7.0||M Carter-Williams 7.5|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.8||T Lockett 5.1||J Cadougan 3.9|
No. 4-seeded Syracuse battles No. 3-seeded Marquette in the elite eight of the NCAA Tournament at Verizon Center on Saturday. It gets started at 4:30 p.m. ET and you can catch it on CBS. The Orange fell to the Golden Eagles 74-71 on Feb. 25 and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
In a 61-50 win over Indiana on Mar. 28, Michael Carter-Williams put up 24 points and six rebounds for the Orange. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 7.5 assists per game and 2.7 steals per game. For the Golden Eagles, Jamil Wilson put up 16 points and eight rebounds in the 71-61 win over Miami (FL) on Mar. 28. He contributes 4.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.9 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Marquette performs well in free throw rate at 41.3. This ranks second in the conference and 41st in the country.
- Syracuse is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Syracuse is 79.1 inches compared to 77.4 inches for Marquette.
- Michael Carter-Williams is ranked 2nd nationally in assists and 3rd nationally in steals.
- The Syracuse steals leader (Michael Carter-Williams, 91 steals) has more steals than the Marquette steals leader (Junior Cadougan, 35 steals).
- The Syracuse assist leader (Michael Carter-Williams, 249 assists) has more assists than the Marquette assist leader (Junior Cadougan, 127 assists).
- The Syracuse scoring leader (C.J. Fair, 462 points) has more points than the Marquette scoring leader (Vander Blue, 417 points).
- C.J. Fair is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- AP voters think more highly of Syracuse and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Marquette (154 vs. 113).
- James Southerland is ranked 7th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- The Syracuse blocks leader (Rakeem Christmas, 64 blocks) has more blocks than the Marquette blocks leader (Chris Otule, 29 blocks).
- The Syracuse three-point leader (James Southerland, 63 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Marquette three-point leader (Vander Blue, 33 three-pointers).
- Syracuse has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Marquette (No. 58 vs. No. 84).
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|