|Wichita State||C Early 13.7||C Hall 7.0||M Armstead 4.0|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.7||D Thomas 6.0||A Craft 4.7|
No. 9-seeded Wichita State squares off against No. 2-seeded Ohio State in the elite eight of the NCAA Tournament at Staples Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 7:05 p.m. ET and you can catch it on CBS.
The 18 points and six rebounds by Malcolm Armstead helped the Shockers to a 72-58 victory over La Salle on Mar. 28. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 4.0 assists per game and 1.9 steals per game. For the Buckeyes, Aaron Craft finished with 13 points and five rebounds in the 73-70 win over Arizona on Mar. 28. With 4.7 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Ohio State StatSmack
- The Wichita State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Ohio State (85 percent vs. 64 percent).
- Ohio State has been ducking Wichita State for over 30 years.
- The Wichita State blocks leader (Ehimen Orukpe, 50 blocks) has more blocks than the Ohio State blocks leader (Amir Williams, 41 blocks).
- The Missouri Valley has 2 teams - Northern Iowa (76.5 percent) and Creighton (75.0 percent) - that shoot a better free throw percentage than the Big Ten leader, Indiana (74.3 percent).
- The Missouri Valley had fewer blowout games in conference (meaning there is greater parity within the conference) than in the Big Ten.
- The Wichita State assist leader (Malcolm Armstead, 135 assists) has more assists than the Ohio State assist leader (Aaron Craft, 134 assists).
- The Wichita State rebounding leader (Carl Hall, 194 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas, 183 rebounds).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for points, rebounds, field goals made, free throws made, three-pointers, steals, and blocks are in the Missouri Valley.
- The Missouri Valley has 2 teams - Creighton (17.2) and Evansville (15.8) - that average more assists per game than the Big Ten leader, Iowa (15.3).
|C||Fred Van Vleet||16||4||2||2||1||0||1|
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|