|Syracuse||C Fair 14.3||C Fair 7.0||M Carter-Williams 7.5|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.8||T Lockett 5.1||J Cadougan 3.9|
No. 3-seeded Marquette meets No. 4-seeded Syracuse in the elite eight of the NCAA Tournament at Verizon Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 4:30 p.m. ET and you can see it on CBS. The Golden Eagles defeated the Orange 74-71 on Feb. 25 and are 3-3 against them over the past four years.
In a 71-61 win over Miami (FL) on Mar. 28, Jamil Wilson put up 16 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Eagles. He contributes 4.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.9 points per game. In a 61-50 victory over Indiana on Mar. 28, Michael Carter-Williams put up 24 points and six rebounds for the Orange. He leads the team in assists with 7.5 per game and steals with 2.7 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Syracuse is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.2. This is good enough for second in the conference and ninth in the nation.
- Marquette has a better record at home than Syracuse this season (16-0 vs. 17-2).
- Syracuse has to pay up to win. The coach for Marquette has a much lower base salary than Syracuse ($410,196 vs. $1,155,088).
- Even computers respect Marquette more. Marquette has a better RPI this season than Syracuse (RPI: No. 11 vs. No. 15).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Marquette currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (970 to 936) than Syracuse, per the NCAA.
- Boom! Marquette defeated Syracuse by 3 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2013).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Marquette is superior to Syracuse (Latest AP Poll: No. 12 vs. No. 19).
- Junior Cadougan is ranked 10th in the Big East in assists.
- The Marquette basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Syracuse (91 percent vs. 54 percent).
- Marquette allows fewer rebounds (30.6 allowed per game vs. 34.4 allowed per game) than Syracuse this season.
- Marquette has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Syracuse ($41,612 vs. $50,460).
- Marquette players are more experienced than Syracuse players (18,445 minutes played vs. 13,697 minutes played).
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|